can i move my m.2 ssd

Nogghan

sorry this is a stupid question ive just never done this before...

my motherboard has 2 m.s slots that are the exact same according to the MB manual, can i move my boot SSD to the other m.2 port with nothing going wrong? the reason i want to move it is because right now it sits right over my GPUs VRM and the heat radiates into my drive and keeps it at higher temps while not in use ( around 50-60c i know its not bad or dangerous but normally its idling around 40c or less  and i just dont like it )

I think it would work becaus if you had a normal sata drive it also doesnt matter in wich port you put it.

make sure its really the same port, its very d m.2 port is PCI-e 3.0 4x usually its only PCI-e 2.0 and will cut the transfer speeds in half.

14 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

make sure its really the same port, its very d m.2 port is PCI-e 3.0 4x usually its only PCI-e 2.0 and will cut the transfer speeds in half.

they both say pcie 3 4x on he actual m.2 socket so im pretty sure they are the same

7 hours ago, Nogghan said:

they both say pcie 3 4x on he actual m.2 socket so im pretty sure they are the same

ok than it will most likely just disable some Sata ports to free up the PCI-E lanes unless you got something like a threadripper CPU which has more lanes than any normal person can use.