Graphics error in windows

Yongtjunkit

hi, I've been noticing lately that I've been receiving the graphics error related popup

system specs

WIndows 10 1809

intel 3337U

intel HD graphics 4000

nvidia gt 720m

500GB samsung 850 evo

12 GB ram

image.png.071b240cd7c87d48836a9c64aa1aa4d0.png

image.png.a16deea307c2f3d7936a14f66bd7b4b1.png

Update : disabling intel HD Graphics 4000 on my laptop makes the pop up disappear 

Drivers for the graphics portion of the intel 3000 series CPUs are horrible.  One of the Windows updates may have broken some basic functionality of the driver.

54 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Drivers for the graphics portion of the intel 3000 series CPUs are horrible.  One of the Windows updates may have broken some basic functionality of the driver.

How to fix the problem that the driver caused ? Currently runing the latest driver from intel

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, KarathKasun said:

Just downgraded(clean install windows 8.1) still the same issue with the errors, can't even install the latest Nvidia drivers on both Windows 10 and 8.1(Nvidia GT 720M)

On 10/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, Yongtjunkit said:

hi, I've been noticing lately that I've been receiving the graphics error related popup

system specs

WIndows 10 1809

intel 3337U

intel HD graphics 4000

nvidia gt 720m 

500GB samsung 850 evo

12 GB ram

image.png.071b240cd7c87d48836a9c64aa1aa4d0.png

image.png.a16deea307c2f3d7936a14f66bd7b4b1.png

Update : disabling intel HD Graphics 4000 on my laptop makes the pop up disappear 

I am confused are you using the intel graphics or the nvidia graphics?

In my experience computers usually don't get along well using two different GPU's

Current computers:

Primary Computer (In Progress):

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CASE: ROSEWIL THOR V2 Black

CPU:

Motherboard:

GPU: SAPPHIRE VEGA 56 -TBU RTX 2070 SUPER

RAM: 48 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX
PSU: SEASONIC PRIME 1300 W GOLD

STORAGE: 4x SEAGATE EXOS 4TB | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: 16000DPI GAMING MOUSE

KEYBOARD: -PENDING-

MONITOR: -PENDING- AOC AGON AG241QX 24" -PENDING-

COOLING:  CPU: Noctua NH-D15 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8370 Black Edition 

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition 

RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900W

STORAGE: 5x Western Digital Black 2TB - WD2003FZEX | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: PUREX 2400 DPI Wired Laser Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: DBPOWER 104 Key -3 Backlit -I KNOW! Linus doesn't approve -I have glued it to the desk and it works well for my needs.

MONITOR: ASUS VS247H-P 24 Inch 

COOLING: CPU: Noctua NH-D14 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

GRAPHICS: 2x NF12s fans on graphics card + 2x NF-F12s & 1x NA-A12x25 in Fan box | 1x Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Cards

5 minutes ago, kingknightrider said:

In my experience computers usually don't get along well using two different GPU's

Laptops are often built to use both.  I'm using both the integrated Intel and nVidia Quadro on a work laptop right now.  Their drivers are fine together. On the flipside, you'd likely have more of a problem if you tried pairing an AMD APU with a nVidia GPU in a laptop...I've never seen one.

I'd DDU the laptop myself, make it use the default display drivers...then, if you can, install the latest chipset drivers, then the latest Intel video drivers, then the latest nvidia drivers, rebooting after each install.  Your errors are specific to GPU hardware acceleration in the applications.

2 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Laptops are often built to use both.  I'm using both the integrated Intel and nVidia Quadro on a work laptop right now.  Their drivers are fine together. On the flipside, you'd likely have more of a problem if you tried pairing an AMD APU with a nVidia GPU in a laptop...I've never seen one.

I'd DDU the laptop myself, make it use the default display drivers...then, if you can, install the latest chipset drivers, then the latest Intel video drivers, then the latest nvidia drivers, rebooting after each install.  Your errors are specific to GPU hardware acceleration in the applications.

2 hours ago, kingknightrider said:

Windows 10 seems to have issue with both GPU, never seen that error before on windows 10. Asus provided driver(not all) for windows 10 on their website.

The intel driver is the latest driver from intel website 

1704147921_Screenshot(103).png.f7029820dc3b97a15b639b42bf86ae31.png

18 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Windows 10 seems to have issue with both GPU, never seen that error before on windows 10. Asus provided driver(not all) for windows 10 on their website.

The intel driver is the latest driver from intel website 

1704147921_Screenshot(103).png.f7029820dc3b97a15b639b42bf86ae31.png

Just as a test, in PowerPoint where you were getting that error, see if you have a problem with the Intel iGPU enabled after you disable hardware acceleration in the PP options.

15 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Just as a test, in PowerPoint where you were getting that error, see if you have a problem with the Intel iGPU enabled after you disable hardware acceleration in the PP options.

Disabling slide show hardware graphics acceleration makes the message go away but as for movie maker, it won’t start at all till I disable the igpu in device manager 

3 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Can’t seem to find chipset driver on intel website, only intel hd graphics 

7 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Can’t seem to find chipset driver on intel website, only intel hd graphics 

Depending on the model you may only be able to get the chipset drivers through the OEM for the laptop.  Could also try Intel's driver search/install utility.

38 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Depending on the model you may only be able to get the chipset drivers through the OEM for the laptop.  Could also try Intel's driver search/install utility.

the latest driver is already installed for the chipset

4 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

can't install nvidia driver

1801057438_Screenshot(104).png.725267d423ecb0b2c53702fa89923ee8.png

Update : was able to install the ASUS version of the driver 

Just upgraded to windows 10(version 1803) - no error regarding about compatibility but after upgrading, it bsod till I enter safe mode and disable all gpu.

C6192E72-259C-4862-A769-DB272444CD52.thumb.jpeg.4effd4b1d53022e1151d18dd5cfa1213.jpeg

1F945646-B24C-4409-A28A-85C1630B31CB.thumb.jpeg.372a33033b1119aded34d2c76ed87ea9.jpeg

in normal mode ive reinstalled the intel had graphics driver, windows update installed the Nvidia driver

On 10/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, PineyCreek said:

Before the install of windows 10 above, I’ve did a clean install of windows 8.1. Find it weird to have this issue now but not last time before I reformatted my pc(clean install) few days before windows 10 version 1809 comes out, 

update : the video driver got uninstalled during the upgrade 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, PineyCreek said:

Would like to give an update, just did a full clean install of windows 8.1 , downloaded all drivers from Asus website and it seems like the error disappears. Now going to try windows 10 1709

Windows movie maker still exists? The last OS I saw it on was windows 7. Where I had to manually download it.

check your BIOS settings, and look for the setting on which GPU you'll be using. 

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

19 minutes ago, tmph.Gammatron said:

check your BIOS settings, and look for the setting on which GPU you'll be using. 

What do you mean by this ? As far as I know my laptop have intel hd graphics 4000 and Nvidia gt 720m

25 minutes ago, timl132 said:

Windows movie maker still exists? The last OS I saw it on was windows 7. Where I had to manually download it.

Not anymore, it still works though( old version from Microsoft) 

5 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

What do you mean by this ? As far as I know my laptop have intel hd graphics 4000 and Nvidia gt 720m

In BIOS, there is a toggle switch on which GPU your laptop will use as primary GPU. As for your case, i think you laptop uses the intel GPU as primary. Not totally sure but you may check it as well.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

17 hours ago, tmph.Gammatron said:

In BIOS, there is a toggle switch on which GPU your laptop will use as primary GPU. As for your case, i think you laptop uses the intel GPU as primary. Not totally sure but you may check it as well.

The only option I see under graphics configurationimage.thumb.jpg.ff155b0d05dd768df7f4d2ed9abab046.jpg

by the way, I’ve just updated to windows 10 version 1803 and the video errors pop up again

2 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

The only option I see under graphics configurationimage.thumb.jpg.ff155b0d05dd768df7f4d2ed9abab046.jpg

by the way, I’ve just updated to windows 10 version 1803 and the video errors pop up again

try to change that value (64m) to higher value. Is there any other menu on your BIOS? it might be hiding to another menu that you might not know.

14 minutes ago, tmph.Gammatron said:

try to change that value (64m) to higher value. Is there any other menu on your BIOS? it might be hiding to another menu that you might not know.

Changing it to a higher value makes less ram available to me. Will check other options tomorrow 

try to check this similar issue from toms hardware. this might help.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1988136/laptop-dedicated-gpu.html