Trident Z control issues

Go to solution Solved by Lordclouds,
13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I have at this point accepted that my issues of non responsive ram LEDs comes from RGB software just being bad, but I'm starting to wonder if there's a fix.

My problem is as follows:

Sometimes when my PC sleeps I wake it up and my Trident z is stuck, no longer doing its preset animation. Trying to open Trident Z control gives the "program is not responding" error with windows pretending it's trying to fix it. This only is solved by me restarting my PC or reinstalling Trident Z control.

1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.

2. Shut down the computer.

3. Disconnect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes. (This is important!)

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the system.

5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.

If by step 5, the modules are not lighting up, then please do the following:

6. Close the software.

7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open, then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.

8. Wait until the service to stop and start again. It should display “Running”.

9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.

10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory modules should return to default lighting.

This was posted by them

also by restarting the service (AsLedService) on the task manager it will probably work again.

you can create a easy cmd program that when you open it it will restart the service

I have at this point accepted that my issues of non responsive ram LEDs comes from RGB software just being bad, but I'm starting to wonder if there's a fix.

Sometimes when my PC sleeps I wake it up and my Trident z is stuck, no longer doing its preset animation. Trying to open Trident Z control gives the "program is not responding" error with windows pretending it's trying to fix it. This only is solved by me restarting my PC or reinstalling Trident Z control.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.

5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.

6. Close the software.

7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open, then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.

9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.

10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory modules should return to default lighting.

This was posted by them

also by restarting the service (AsLedService) on the task manager it will probably work again.

you can create a easy cmd program that when you open it it will restart the service

19 minutes ago, Lordclouds said:

6. Close the software.

This was posted by them

reading these steps makes it sound like it's supposed to solve the dimms not lighting up at all, as opposed to when I just wake it from sleep. Will following all 10 of these steps make it so that every time I wake up from sleep the software behaves?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

reading these steps makes it sound like it's supposed to solve the dimms not lighting up at all, as opposed to when I just wake it from sleep. Will following all 10 of these steps make it so that every time I wake up from sleep the software behaves?

also by restarting the service (AsLedService) on the task manager it will probably work again.

you can create a easy cmd program that when you open it it will restart the service

This part