Pc keeps restarting

Go to solution Solved by suchamoneypit,
5 hours ago, richyman said:

I get 60C tops on iddle, but as soon as I open rainbow, it rockets to 90C min. Why is that? I checked everything after reinstalling the liquid cooler 3 times. There is no plastic, the water seems to flow and everything is connected, all fans work. I do think maybe the water isnt flowing properly or some issue with the cooler cause I do get regular temps on iddle.

All your fans are working on the radiator? These temps just shouldn't be happening. You shouldn't hit 90C even under an intense overclock nevermind just running a game. You able to test another cooler to see if maybe the AIO cooler has a blockage or something that would prevent it from cooling? Its firmly mounted down on the CPU, so its not able to even wiggle?

My pc keeps restarting when im playing rainbow six siege or sometimes it freezes and I have to power it off or it will then restart. It alternates between restarting out of nowhere, freezing and then restarting or simply freezing. All just while playing rainbow six siege. I havent played other demanding games, just hearthstone but no problems there (as expected). Why is me pc restarting out of nowhere while playing r6? No blue screen,no nothing, just restart. It might be psu related, it feels that way, but it would be weird considering my specs ( https://pcpartpicker.com/user/richyman/saved/Tgp3FT ). Im not able to play because of this, any help is welcomed.

Thanks in advanced.

Edit: I also meassured temps but nothing too high (around 80´while playing, however since pc restarts when the problem happens I cant tell if maybe the temperature rised too high for a second there or the voltage, I dont know). 

I also swicthed the rams to different spots, just cause.

When I monitored temps, I used Asus AI SUITE 3 since my motherboard is asus. I used CAM first cause I like it better but since I built this pc it detects the cpu temp at way higher temps than AI SUITE 3 by like 20 degrees.

51 minutes ago, richyman said:

My pc keeps restarting when im playing rainbow six siege or sometimes it freezes and I have to power it off or it will then restart. It alternates between restarting out of nowhere, freezing and then restarting or simply freezing. All just while playing rainbow six siege. I havent played other demanding games, just hearthstone but no problems there (as expected). Why is me pc restarting out of nowhere while playing r6? No blue screen,no nothing, just restart. It might be psu related, it feels that way, but it would be weird considering my specs ( https://pcpartpicker.com/user/richyman/saved/Tgp3FT ). Im not able to play because of this, any help is welcomed.

Thanks in advanced.

Edit: I also meassured temps but nothing too high (around 80´while playing, however since pc restarts when the problem happens I cant tell if maybe the temperature rised too high for a second there or the voltage, I dont know). 

I also swicthed the rams to different spots, just cause.

When I monitored temps, I used Asus AI SUITE 3 since my motherboard is asus. I used CAM first cause I like it better but since I built this pc it detects the cpu temp at way higher temps than AI SUITE 3 by like 20 degrees.

A good test would be to record stuff like CPU and GPU usage, temp, clockrates in something like MSI afterburner. In the settings you can enable these parameters to measure, say every 100ms. Make sure its set to save logs to a file. Once you enable the log, go play some games until it crashes. Upon rebooting, you can then go to that saved log file, and open it. It can be useful to see exactly what your system was doing at the time of the crash, for example, a sudden spike in CPU temperature. 

Say its a temp issue, you may see CPU temp spike and then the system locks up. Maybe its a PSU issue, if you were to see GPU and CPU usage sharply rise for a bit out of the norm while playing the game, this would send a sudden higher load to your PSU, which then might cause the freezing and crashing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

A good test would be to record stuff like CPU and GPU usage, temp, clockrates in something like MSI afterburner. In the settings you can enable these parameters to measure, say every 100ms. Make sure its set to save logs to a file. Once you enable the log, go play some games until it crashes. Upon rebooting, you can then go to that saved log file, and open it. It can be useful to see exactly what your system was doing at the time of the crash, for example, a sudden spike in CPU temperature. 

Say its a temp issue, you may see CPU temp spike and then the system locks up. Maybe its a PSU issue, if you were to see GPU and CPU usage sharply rise for a bit out of the norm while playing the game, this would send a sudden higher load to your PSU, which then might cause the freezing and crashing.

Im starting to think it is a CPU temp issue, for some reason it doesnt exceed 90*C on AI  SUITE software, but it does on CAM, CAM detects the temp reaching a max. of 100*C and therefore the load goes to 95% aswell. Im going to bed now and Ill open it up tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the advice.

22 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Im almost sure it was the cpu. I have a deepcool liquid cooler, this was my 1st liquid cooler ever. Installing it was new but I managed to do it without any problems. However, I just removed it, realized there wasnt enough thermal paste (probably the reason it was heating while gaming), reapplied thermal paste and put the liquid cooler back on. But now I feel it is not making contact since Im getting 90+ degrees just on chrome :/. I already tried taking it off and placing it again twice (even reapplied thermal paste one more time after removing the other just cause I had nothing to lose) but it still wont cool :(.

15 hours ago, richyman said:

Im almost sure it was the cpu. I have a deepcool liquid cooler, this was my 1st liquid cooler ever. Installing it was new but I managed to do it without any problems. However, I just removed it, realized there wasnt enough thermal paste (probably the reason it was heating while gaming), reapplied thermal paste and put the liquid cooler back on. But now I feel it is not making contact since Im getting 90+ degrees just on chrome :/. I already tried taking it off and placing it again twice (even reapplied thermal paste one more time after removing the other just cause I had nothing to lose) but it still wont cool :(.

Definitely a thermal issue. Your CPU should not be anywhere near 90 degrees. Is the fan plugged in on the cooler? Feel the pipes right where they contact the coolers block that mounts on the CPU where the pump should be. These pipes should be cool. If they are very hot after the computers been running for a bit, then that means the pump in the liquid cooler is not circulating the water, so after the system is on the water in the block just heat soaks.

A way to double verify this is to let the system cool for a while by keeping it off for say 30 min, then turn it on. If it immediately shows the temps are not too high, almost normal looking, but then slowly start to climb (especially once a load is put on the CPU), and not come down, this also shows the pump for the liquid cooler is simply not moving water and its heat soaking. Also make sure is not a issue as silly as you leaving a plastic film on the block (some coolers come with a plastic film you peel off the block). It should be CPU, thermal paste, then water block. Not CPU, thermal paste, plastic film, water block. It could also be as simple as you forgetting the plug in a cable that goes to the pump on the cooler.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 10/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Definitely a thermal issue. Your CPU should not be anywhere near 90 degrees. Is the fan plugged in on the cooler? Feel the pipes right where they contact the coolers block that mounts on the CPU where the pump should be. These pipes should be cool. If they are very hot after the computers been running for a bit, then that means the pump in the liquid cooler is not circulating the water, so after the system is on the water in the block just heat soaks.

A way to double verify this is to let the system cool for a while by keeping it off for say 30 min, then turn it on. If it immediately shows the temps are not too high, almost normal looking, but then slowly start to climb (especially once a load is put on the CPU), and not come down, this also shows the pump for the liquid cooler is simply not moving water and its heat soaking. Also make sure is not a issue as silly as you leaving a plastic film on the block (some coolers come with a plastic film you peel off the block). It should be CPU, thermal paste, then water block. Not CPU, thermal paste, plastic film, water block. It could also be as simple as you forgetting the plug in a cable that goes to the pump on the cooler.

I get 60C tops on iddle, but as soon as I open rainbow, it rockets to 90C min. Why is that? I checked everything after reinstalling the liquid cooler 3 times. There is no plastic, the water seems to flow and everything is connected, all fans work. I do think maybe the water isnt flowing properly or some issue with the cooler cause I do get regular temps on iddle.

5 hours ago, richyman said:

All your fans are working on the radiator? These temps just shouldn't be happening. You shouldn't hit 90C even under an intense overclock nevermind just running a game. You able to test another cooler to see if maybe the AIO cooler has a blockage or something that would prevent it from cooling? Its firmly mounted down on the CPU, so its not able to even wiggle?

5 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

It is firmly mounted, and it was a pain but I even reinstalled it several times just to make sure I set it properly. I guess Ill just buy a new aio since I dont have another to test... but I just looked at my pc and remembered that would cost me a loooot of time and effort. It is an itx build, on a phanteks evolv shift, so... yeah, the radiators and all that took forever to set up and I hoped I would never have to move them again. Tbh Im even considering just buying a new case that can fit the itx mobo and having everything there. I will probably have to buy a new aio too.