corsainr ll120s no screwlines im confused!

Bayonett Priest

i see that the ll120s have no screwlines! do you have to drill the lines with the screws yourself? sounds very dumb!!!!

And are the screws 5mm thick? cause i ordered a backplate from v1 tech and the screws are too short to fit the fangrill and a metalplate that is between the fan and the grill ! does 5mmx16mm screws work with it?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

26 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i see that the ll120s have no screwlines! do you have to drill the lines with the screws yourself? sounds very dumb!!!!

And are the screws 5mm thick? cause i ordered a backplate from v1 tech and the screws are too short to fit the fangrill and a metalplate that is between the fan and the grill ! does 5mmx16mm screws work with it?

Fans aren't threaded, they do come with self tapping fan screws such as theses which will cut threads into the plastic frame of the fan. 

Image result for self tapping fan screw

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Fans aren't threaded, they do come with self tapping fan screws such as theses which will cut threads into the plastic frame of the fan. 

Image result for self tapping fan screw

so could i use thes they are 5x16

61YPKoA9n-L._SL1000_.jpg

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

10 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

so could i use thes they are 5x16

Yes you can use longer versions like those or if your case has threaded holes use longer length bolts to go through the fan grill and the whole frame of the fan itself and into the case. 

WC613EK_95876_800x800.jpg

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes you can use longer versions like those or if your case has threaded holes use longer length bolts to go through the fan grill and the whole frame of the fan itself and into the case. 

WC613EK_95876_800x800.jpg

geli-808_geli_808_01_800x800.jpg.94541cf3c228039737ff2fdf239cdbf3.jpg

This is my case and want these at the side beside the motherboard behing the metalholes so that air can get out from the side and the fangrills in front to coverup the metalframe infront of the fans(just looks cleaner)

6 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

geli-808_geli_808_01_800x800.jpg.94541cf3c228039737ff2fdf239cdbf3.jpg

This is my case and want these at the side beside the motherboard behing the metalholes so that air can get out from the side and the fangrills in front to coverup the metalframe infront of the fans(just looks cleaner)

Ok if it’s just a fan and your putting on the side of the case for aesthics you can use the longer self tapping screws. Another option is to run a long bolt through the fan grill, case and fan and to use a washer and hex bolt on the back. Both options will work. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Ok if it’s just a fan and your putting on the side of the case for aesthics you can use the longer self tapping screws. Another option is to run a long bolt through the fan grill, case and fan and to use a washer and hex bolt on the back. Both options will work. 

thanks for the info! i hav e2 screws that i would us, but the silver screws is 4 pieces for 6€, b ut then there is a nickelplated screws in a 50 pck for 6 bucks! why is the silver one so expensive? is it only beckause its silver or is silver more durrable?

1 hour ago, Bayonett Priest said:

thanks for the info! i hav e2 screws that i would us, but the silver screws is 4 pieces for 6€, b ut then there is a nickelplated screws in a 50 pck for 6 bucks! why is the silver one so expensive? is it only beckause its silver or is silver more durrable?

If your talking about the extra long self tapping ones they are not as common as the standard length ones but overall they both should have the exact same nickel plating.