GTX 650

BojanM

Hello i am wondering,yesterday i bought a Nvidia Gtx 650 and it has a 6-pin connector.Now do i need to connect that or can i run my system whitout it like low power cards.

P.S. my PSU doesnt have aditional 6pin connector but can i use some kind of a extension cable idk...

Thanks. :)

Leaving a power connector unplugged is always asking for trouble. If you must, get a SATA power to PCIe adapter to power it, which may not be ideal, but should tide you over until you get a real power supply.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

what are the consequences of it not being pluged in ? could i fry it or something

Edit:And i am sorry,Sata power to pcie adapter ??

2 minutes ago, BojanM said:

what are the consequences of it not being pluged in ? could i fry it or something

It wouldn't turn on.
Also if you have a Molex connector, I'd recommend going with Molex to PCIe instead of SATA to PCIe

Well i obviosly have a molex connector xD... 

Anyways thanks for the help

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

And do i have to by a new psu bcs mine is 300w my cpu isnt really that power hungry as well

Well i obviosly have a molex connector xD... 

Anyways thanks for the help

Eh, I have a Dell PSU that doesn't have any Molex, just 4-pin CPU, 24-pin, and a bunch of SATA.

Just now, BojanM said:

And do i have to by a new psu bcs mine is 300w my cpu isnt really that power hungry as well

That depends on how much the system before the GPU is installed will draw.

Just now, BojanM said:

It's always recommended to have a power supply that actually has connectors required for your equipment. The fact that it has no PCIe connectors means it wasn't designed (to some extent) to power a PCIe device.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

It's always recommended to have a power supply that actually has connectors required for your equipment. The fact that it has no PCIe connectors means it wasn't designed (to some extent) to power a PCIe device.

No no,you read it wrong i have none 6 pin connectors "Left"

Just now, BojanM said:

No no,you read it wrong i have none 6 pin connectors "Left"

What did they go to?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

What did they go to?

Well for some reason my psu had only one and that one is pluged in my other 650. :/

And dont ask why it only has one 6 pin i dont know either

Just now, BojanM said:

Well for some reason my psu had only one and that one is pluged in my other 650. :/

And dont ask why it only has one 6 pin i dont know either

You didn't tell us that you were trying to SLI them.

I am sorry but si there a difference ? i mean its still about the 6 pin connector

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

And aslo i found this for 62$.He has the card running Testbenches and it gets max temp 65 C. Is there something wrong whit it ?

Screenshot_2018-10-08-20-45-47.png

1 minute ago, BojanM said:

max temp 65 C. Is there something wrong whit it ?

perfectly fine.

But SLI is not recommended on budget power supplies. You should upgrade to a gtx 960 instead.

Primary PC:

Gtx 650 for 62 $ ???? thats fine ?

Oh no that's too much in my opinion. The temperatures you were getting are fine.

Primary PC:

Another of topic. 

I saw some yt videos about using Ram for Vram i dont know how or if its really possible. I am adking bcs i have a laptop whit 8gb ram but intel Hd graphic

Just now, BojanM said:

Another of topic. 

I saw some yt videos about using Ram for Vram i dont know how or if its really possible. I am adking bcs i have a laptop whit 8gb ram but intel Hd graphic

You should start a thread bout that

Primary PC:

11 hours ago, BojanM said:

Gtx 650 for 62 $ ???? thats fine ?

GTX 650's go for like 30$. Check out Aliexpress and you see some cheap better GPU's under 50$.