Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What should I Upgrade

Hey,

 

I have a system with a 1080 ti and a 6700k cpu.

I mainly game on my rig in 3440x1440 resolution.

 

I have 2 options for upgrade:

1. I can sell my you for around 600-700 and then pay another 600 for a new 2080ti

 

2. I keep my you, but buy the upcoming 9700k and a new motherboard for around the same 600 - price range. 

 

Which one would be the better upgrade?

 

Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BeedyboyOfficial said:

Hey,

 

I have a system with a 1080 ti and a 6700k cpu.

I mainly game on my rig in 3440x1440 resolution.

 

I have 2 options for upgrade:

1. I can sell my you for around 600-700 and then pay another 600 for a new 2080ti

 

2. I keep my you, but buy the upcoming 9700k and a new motherboard for around the same 600 - price range. 

 

Which one would be the better upgrade?

 

Thanks!

 

Neither are upgrade worthy. But if you had to upgrade, upgrade the GPU I guess, as it's the most important for gaming. Plus you have the RTX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't upgrade anything, you have pretty good CPU and GPU. If you have too much money, buy some nice peripherials - second monitor, bigger drive, nice soundcard, better speakers, amplifier, external SSD, better router. Computer is not only GPU and CPU.

 

If you must buy GPU or CPU - buy 9th gen Intel. But don't be surprised if you don't feel big difference in 90% cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Don't upgrade anything, you have pretty good CPU and GPU. If you have too much money, buy some nice peripherials - second monitor, bigger drive, nice soundcard, better speakers, amplifier, external SSD, better router. Computer is not only GPU and CPU.

 

If you must buy GPU or CPU - buy 9th gen Intel. But don't be surprised if you don't feel big difference in 90% cases.

I have not mentioned my whole setup, since I mostly have all the peripherals I want or need :P And I have a bit of spare money, so I was thinking of upgrading one of these two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BeedyboyOfficial said:

I have not mentioned my whole setup, since I mostly have all the peripherals I want or need :P And I have a bit of spare money, so I was thinking of upgrading one of these two.

Then, as I said, CPU in my opinion. But @timl132 said GPU. So it's really your choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×