What should I Upgrade

Hey,

I have a system with a 1080 ti and a 6700k cpu.

I mainly game on my rig in 3440x1440 resolution.

I have 2 options for upgrade:

1. I can sell my you for around 600-700 and then pay another 600 for a new 2080ti

2. I keep my you, but buy the upcoming 9700k and a new motherboard for around the same 600 - price range. 

Which one would be the better upgrade?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, BeedyboyOfficial said:

Hey,

I have a system with a 1080 ti and a 6700k cpu.

I mainly game on my rig in 3440x1440 resolution.

I have 2 options for upgrade:

1. I can sell my you for around 600-700 and then pay another 600 for a new 2080ti

2. I keep my you, but buy the upcoming 9700k and a new motherboard for around the same 600 - price range. 

Which one would be the better upgrade?

Thanks!

Neither are upgrade worthy. But if you had to upgrade, upgrade the GPU I guess, as it's the most important for gaming. Plus you have the RTX.

Don't upgrade anything, you have pretty good CPU and GPU. If you have too much money, buy some nice peripherials - second monitor, bigger drive, nice soundcard, better speakers, amplifier, external SSD, better router. Computer is not only GPU and CPU.

If you must buy GPU or CPU - buy 9th gen Intel. But don't be surprised if you don't feel big difference in 90% cases.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Don't upgrade anything, you have pretty good CPU and GPU. If you have too much money, buy some nice peripherials - second monitor, bigger drive, nice soundcard, better speakers, amplifier, external SSD, better router. Computer is not only GPU and CPU.

If you must buy GPU or CPU - buy 9th gen Intel. But don't be surprised if you don't feel big difference in 90% cases.

I have not mentioned my whole setup, since I mostly have all the peripherals I want or need :P And I have a bit of spare money, so I was thinking of upgrading one of these two.

1 minute ago, BeedyboyOfficial said:

I have not mentioned my whole setup, since I mostly have all the peripherals I want or need :P And I have a bit of spare money, so I was thinking of upgrading one of these two.

Then, as I said, CPU in my opinion. But @timl132 said GPU. So it's really your choice.