Headset + Microphone help

JustChuchie

Hi my name is Chuchie I am new to the forum, long time viewer first time poster.

I am looking at upgrading my headset and microphone setup. I currently use Astro A40's and AT2020USB as my mic.

I am looking at buying this headset as my astro's have some serious wear and tear http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25385&cPath=998

They have to be open back headsets I just cant used closed back ones.

My current rig is: 

i7 2600K

Maximus IV Extreme

16GB Ram

250GB SSD

GTX 680 

Will I need to buy myself a sound card or external DAC solution? I dont wanna use my AT2020 anymore I want a all in one with great sound and mic quality. I am open to suggestions I just wanna buy the best possible solution.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi my name is Chuchie I am new to the forum, long time viewer first time poster.

I am looking at upgrading my headset and microphone setup. I currently use Astro A40's and AT2020 as my mic.

I am looking at buying this headset as my astro's have some serious wear and tear http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25385&cPath=998

My current rig is: 

Maybe look at these:

Beyerdynamic MMX300

This headset you won't need a DAC/AMP. 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/beyerdynamic-mmx300-premium-headset

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If you're making any kind of content online that you commentate on, I really wouldn't bother replacing your AT2020. I've had my AT2020USB for a year now, and still haven't come across anything better at the same price point. I'd also avoid a headset, and just get some nice headphones instead. However, if you do insist (And you haven't said you use the AT2020USB, so I'm going to assume you use the XLR one) I'd go for Audio Technica BPHS1. They're an XLR driven headset, that actually works very well. YOGSCAST Sips_ uses them, and for their charity streams YOGS also use them. I recommend you go for these if you insist upon a headset.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Awesome looking headset i forgot to mention they have to be open back I cant use closed back headsets 

Oh, ok

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If you're making any kind of content online that you commentate on, I really wouldn't bother replacing your AT2020. I've had my AT2020USB for a year now, and still haven't come across anything better at the same price point. I'd also avoid a headset, and just get some nice headphones instead. However, if you do insist (And you haven't said you use the AT2020USB, so I'm going to assume you use the XLR one) I'd go for Audio Technica BPHS1. They're an XLR driven headset, that actually works very well. YOGSCAST Sips_ uses them, and for their charity streams YOGS also use them. I recommend you go for these if you insist upon a headset.

I do use the USB version apologies for not mentioning it. I really just dont like the standalone mic setup 

Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, and audio-technica all have "gaming" headsets which are ultimately just their most popular headphone in the 100-200 dollar range and a mic slapped on. Beyerdynamic and audio-technica's offerings are crazy overpriced. The Sennheiser PC 360 is more reasonable, and is nicely priced on Amazon.com if you're in the US. 

If you can be patient, AntLion's next batch of ModMics should be coming in a few months, and then you can make any headphone a headset without paying the premium for an integrated mic.

I do use the USB version apologies for not mentioning it. I really just dont like the standalone mic setup 

You could invest (as I have) as a desk mounted boom stand, like the RODE PSA1?

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System