GPU and motherboard hate each other

DDebbil

I have several graphics cards and several motherboards, however two of them in particular will not get on with each other. The graphics card in question is a Titan X Pascal and the motherboard is an ASUS P9X79 WS. The Titan X works fine in all my other motherboards, and the other graphics card all work fine in the WS, so I do not think either the board or the graphics card are faulty. However when I put the Titan X in the WS, it just gets stuck on Q code b2, and will not POST. I have tried changing PSU, RAM etc, but nothing helps.

Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

Worth a try I suppose. I was thinking maybe the 12GB VRAM was making the motherboard BIOS spaz out.

4 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

You might need to flash a BIOS update to the motherboard :)

I've never heard of a GPU being incompatible in a BIOS, usually most PCI/PCIe cards are guaranteed to work, assuming your system can provide the adequate power...

Worth a try though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I've seen cases of it a few times, but usually the motherboard does 1 long beep and 3 short beeps to say that the GPU can't be recognised

I've seen that happen with dead or malfunctioning cards, but never with perfectly good hardware....odd.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!