HELP!!!. I want to move windows 10 to a SSD and keep my games on my HDD but I don't know how to do this

Xeveg
Go to solution Solved by Elo Gaming,
2 minutes ago, Xeveg said:

oh, I guess ill just try reinstalling windows 10 on the SSD. Thanks 2theMAX for telling me before I messed something up

Just saying maybe you could take off all your files that you are going to store on the HDD later and then get it below 120gb and then clone the drive over

I have recently purchased a 120GB Kingston SSD, I intended for this SSD to be used as a boot drive, but I already have a HDD as my current main storage device (with windows 10 installed). Which for the most part works just fine. But I have lots of games on it currently as well. Which doesn't help as I want to move ONLY windows 10 to the SSD and keep the games on the HDD but the solutions that I found so far only told me how to completely migrate all of windows to a different drive which won't work as I have over 700GB of games on my HDD currently. I am looking for someone to help me move windows to the SSD but keep the games on my HDD.Thanks :)

You can try reinstalling Windows 10 on your SSD. I lived like that for a while, with a old copy of Windows 8.1 on my old hard drive while my newer SSD had upgraded to Windows 10. You're stuck with about ~20GB of unusable space since it's your old OS, but that's not that much on your hard drive. Don't know where to go from there, since I had just decided to clean my PC and completely my wiped my hard drive, removing my old OS install. 

whats the Kingston software called?

oh, I guess ill just try reinstalling windows 10 on the SSD. Thanks 2theMAX for telling me before I messed something up

2 minutes ago, Xeveg said:

Just saying maybe you could take off all your files that you are going to store on the HDD later and then get it below 120gb and then clone the drive over

I will just clone the drive over after I get under 120GB it seems to be the easiest option here, thanks.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:01 PM, Elo Gaming said:

ur welcome

Don "2theMAX"

If you just have steam then make a backup of your steam library on a spare drive. Then, clean install windows onto the SSD, wipe the hard drive and install steam onto the hard drive. Then, just copy the steamapps folder from your old steam library into the new steam folder created. Log in, and steam will check each game and add them back to the library. Keep in mind you have to do this with each game though. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD