GTX Asus Dual 1060 3gb Artifacts

Hello,

I have recently bought an "open box" GTX Asus Dual 1060 3gb off of ebay, after receiving it, I quickly inspected its conditions and it seemed pretty much "new", it almost had no dust, scratches or any damage. I connected the gpu to the computer and installed the required drivers from the official page. Got artifacts followed by a crash after 10minutes, thought Its because I did not restart after installing the drivers. All good, restarted, played a game, thought I should check the scores on Unigine Heaven, I made about 4,5 runs. And on about the 5th run, I got artifacts followed by a freeze, kinda scared. I restarted the PC and absolutely nothing, black screen. couple of times and still the same. I kept trying till I got a signal with artifacts, they do not appear immediately but sometime after the loading screen. I thought it might be the drivers, i reinstalled the drivers and restarted the PC, same thing, black screen no signal. couple of tries of shutting down and powering on. it finally came back to life, no artifacts. I tried running a game and it froze after 2minutes. the GPU either does not give a signal, or runs with artifacts. Fans are running and it has power on indicator.

I have attached a video showing the kind of artifacts I'm getting, its on a black image to show the artifacts clearly.

What do you guys think I should do, is this fixable? Extremely sad and disappointed since it feels like I was scammed for my hard earned money.

Contacting the seller is kind of tough because I'm not in the states currently anymore.

Edit: Sometimes screen does not turn on but this comes up (image below).

System Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700

G.skill 16GB 3200

SSR-550RM Seasonic

Samsung EVO 960 250gb

Asus TUF B350M

42913840_718034905237987_4633615945347104768_n.jpg

You may be out of luck on this one. One thing you can try to do though is flashing the GPU bios and hope it works.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:51 AM, Astarore said:

You may be out of luck on this one. One thing you can try to do though is flashing the GPU bios and hope it works.

Well, I cant get it to turn the screen on anymore to try and flash the BIOS, is there anyway I could fix it? A hardware fix?

Well,I recently fixed a EVGA 770 that would keep crashing and wouldnt boot so what I did was use a PNY 960 as my main graphics but left the 770 still in my PCIE slot and powered.That let me select the card from device manager and fix it.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, Astarore said:

Well,I recently fixed a EVGA 770 that would keep crashing and wouldnt boot so what I did was use a PNY 960 as my main graphics but left the 770 still in my PCIE slot and powered.That let me select the card from device manager and fix it.

I flashed the BIOS and its still the same.

I have attached HWiNFO records, can gpu.CSV you see anything weird? why is the clock core going in the 1800s?

Looks like the card is bad bud. DOA. Contact the ebay seller and see if you can get a refund. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Honestly,your best chance is to contact the seller/ebay and see if they can get you a refund. It's hard to really say what the issue is without having a test system to plug it into and taking it apart.

14 hours ago, Lord Xeb said:

Looks like the card is bad bud. DOA. Contact the ebay seller and see if you can get a refund. 

13 hours ago, Astarore said:

Honestly,your best chance is to contact the seller/ebay and see if they can get you a refund. It's hard to really say what the issue is without having a test system to plug it into and taking it apart.

Thank you guys, will see what I can do.