Transfering Data to 120gb EVO

Jvagle875
Go to solution Solved by legopc,

http://imgur.com/FotPmSk

I know I could just delete everything, but that would be a pain. If there's not another way, that's fine, but I was just hoping someone would know of a more elegant solution.

well you could try and search for diferent programs but that you still need to select every folder and make sure it isnt connected to windows in some way becaus if you remove something you shouldnt remove all dem programms will be bitching 

I'm trying to transfer my OS (8.1) and possibly bf4 to my new ssd, but in the magician software it doesn't allow me to really choose what to install. Is there software the allows this? Or is my best bet to back up everything and then delete it, and then restore it back onto my old HDD? But wouldn't this also restore my os to HDD? I tried looking around for tutorials but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of any? I hope I was clear enough. Thanks!

the only option you have and should be doing is Backing up data,

Install the OS on the SSD and then use the old HDD to store the user folder/Porgrams

Windows 7 guide for everything about SSD's:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

could you explain your issue with the magician software a bit further 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

could you explain your issue with the magician software a bit further 

I have about 220gb of data on my HDD and my ssd is 120gb. So when I get to the step where it allows me to exclude data it only gives me a few different files totaling around 4gb. When I expand the search, it doesn't even give me the option to browse Program Files. So I was wondering if I'm missing a step in the software where I can select different folders. I presume the bulk of data is from games which I could always uninstall, but I didn't know if there was a solution that allowed me to keep everything and only transfer my OS. 

I have about 220gb of data on my HDD and my ssd is 120gb. So when I get to the step where it allows me to exclude data it only gives me a few different files totaling around 4gb. When I expand the search, it doesn't even give me the option to browse Program Files. So I was wondering if I'm missing a step in the software where I can select different folders. I presume the bulk of data is from games which I could always uninstall, but I didn't know if there was a solution that allowed me to keep everything and only transfer my OS. 

pics or it didnt happen and if the issue is that the hdd is to big just delete most of the useless crap 

-Adolf Hitler 

pics or it didnt happen and if the issue is that the hdd is to big just delete most of the useless crap 

I know I could just delete everything, but that would be a pain. If there's not another way, that's fine, but I was just hoping someone would know of a more elegant solution.

well you could try and search for diferent programs but that you still need to select every folder and make sure it isnt connected to windows in some way becaus if you remove something you shouldnt remove all dem programms will be bitching 

-Adolf Hitler 

meh yeah I suppose... it's not like I even play half the games... I did look into the software and it doesn't allow you to browse deeper than surface level files... I guess I'll just start uninstalling all my games D: