Mouse for small hands!?

Go to solution Solved by nixproducer,

Coming from a Microsoft 3500 and going into a first build I am hesitant to find a fitting mouse. I understand it's best to go into a store and try them all out but all we have here is a Best Buy and a couple of low selection comp parts stores. I haven't found anything there. It's also hard to determine another's fit but this is my last shot at opinion before I just pick one and hope for the best:

My hand length: 6.5"

Pinky to thumb stretch: 7"

I have 2 picked out, but have my dislikes for either color or awkward shape and size:

Steelseries Sensei (color doesnt match Corsair k70, no thumb sniper button)

Corsair m65 (unsure of the size, blue led)

Now, I'm quite used to the 3500 I use but it is rather small in length. I also play fingertip/palm style.

Main requests are appropriate size, color, and dpi button.

Any suggestions are great. Thanks so much for your help!

i suggest that you take a look at the Corsair Raptor M40 thats what i got because i want a red and black setup as well and i don't have that big of hands either so here http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-peripherals/gaming-mice/raptor-m40-gaming-mouse.html

Coming from a Microsoft 3500 and going into a first build I am hesitant to find a fitting mouse. I understand it's best to go into a store and try them all out but all we have here is a Best Buy and a couple of low selection comp parts stores. I haven't found anything there. It's also hard to determine another's fit but this is my last shot at opinion before I just pick one and hope for the best:

I have 2 picked out, but have my dislikes for either color or awkward shape and size:

Now, I'm quite used to the 3500 I use but it is rather small in length. I also play fingertip/palm style.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

i suggest that you take a look at the Corsair Raptor M40 thats what i got because i want a red and black setup as well and i don't have that big of hands either so here http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-peripherals/gaming-mice/raptor-m40-gaming-mouse.html

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Do these forward and back buttons on some of these act as a sniper button? 

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

The Steelseries Kinzu is a great mouse for small hands. I wouldn't worry too much about the sniper buttons though, I think they are a bit of a gimmick.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sniper buttons though, I think they are a bit of a gimmick.

Gimmick or preference?

I'm using Logitech G300 with claw grip. I have fairly small hands;pinky to thumb about 6.5". I love those extra buttons and changeable light.

I'm using Logitech G300 with claw grip. I have fairly small hands;pinky to thumb about 6.5". I love those extra buttons and changeable light.

I'm not crazy about the buttons all uptop like that. I noticed one of our Best Buys has a Steelseries I can try out as well as a Corsair. I'm going by tomorrow to try them (if they let me). Nice to know I can buy locally if at all possible. I feel very stuck on a nice dpi button on the side but feel and eye candy are priority it seems. I wish I could try all the ones you guys suggested too. If im not happy with what I find tomorrow, I will put these into great consideration.

And it's snowing. No trying my hands at mouses today. :(

Gimmick or preference?

Gimmick. Maybe a crutch, if you have your DPI so ridiculously high that you need a button to turn it down again just to aim straight. If you don't mess your mouse settings up catastrophically though, then at best it'll do nothing, if it's not detrimental (due to interfering with muscle memory).

Now, fingertip and palm grips are diametrically opposed in terms of grip and the mice that suit them. Is your palm resting on/being used to control your 3500 at all (palm grip), or are your fingertips the only thing making contact (fingertip grip)?

Gimmick. Maybe a crutch, if you have your DPI so ridiculously high that you need a button to turn it down again just to aim straight. If you don't mess your mouse settings up catastrophically though, then at best it'll do nothing, if it's not detrimental (due to interfering with muscle memory).

Now, fingertip and palm grips are diametrically opposed in terms of grip and the mice that suit them. Is your palm resting on/being used to control your 3500 at all (palm grip), or are your fingertips the only thing making contact (fingertip grip)?

During intense gaming my fingers are arched away from the mouse as my palm rests on the backside, so I'm gonna go with fingertip.

It might not be what you're looking for, but I have small hands as well and love my Roccat Savu. No complaints at all here.

THE signature

Cm storm spawn or roccat kone pure optical

Rather small hands here too... =)

Got a R.A.T. 9 , and I don't have use it in the smallest setting, so I'm sure you'd be fine size wise...

A lot of problems with te rev. 1 version,seems they've sorted it out now, I've had mine for over a year, no problem.

A bit pricy tho, but now that i have one, it'd be hard to use anything else =P

Rather small hands here too... =)

Got a R.A.T. 9 , and I don't have use it in the smallest setting, so I'm sure you'd be fine size wise...

A lot of problems with te rev. 1 version,seems they've sorted it out now, I've had mine for over a year, no problem.

A bit pricy tho, but now that i have one, it'd be hard to use anything else =P

Yeah I haven't compared the adjustable sizes between the 7 and the 9 but I hate the RAT. I got my man the 7 a year ago and no matter how much I compacted it, it was too flat, wide, and the finger screw on the back irritated my wrist. He's also the one that suggest the sniper button, but he suggests things often and isn't always right.

It makes complete since to suggest that mouse, and I recommend any one else try it. Solid build.

During intense gaming my fingers are arched away from the mouse as my palm rests on the backside, so I'm gonna go with fingertip.

If you have a fingertip grip, I wouldn't recommend getting anything bigger. Things like the Razer Abyssus and CM Storm Spawn would be ideal.

However, if you're resting your palm on the back of the mouse, it'd be a palm grip. Palm on the back of the mouse and arched fingers sounds almost like claw grip. With the colourscheme in mind, perhaps the Kone Pure Optical, Zowie AM or CM Storm Recon? The Mionix Avior 7000 (color customizable) and Steelseries Rival also come to mind, but they could be too large.

Regarding the BF: If his DPI is over 1800, tell him to turn it down. ;)

Yeah I haven't compared the adjustable sizes between the 7 and the 9 but I hate the RAT. I got my man the 7 a year ago and no matter how much I compacted it, it was too flat, wide, and the finger screw on the back irritated my wrist. He's also the one that suggest the sniper button, but he suggests things often and isn't always right.

It makes complete since to suggest that mouse, and I recommend any one else try it. Solid build.

Should be the same size, same mouse just without the cord... 

Too bad you didn't like it, everyones hands are different I guess...

Spent years looking for a mouse to fit my hand, but I actually switched from palm- to claw-grip when I bought the rat, maybye that's why the flateness didn't bother me.

Also got tired of my pinkie dragging along my mousepad when gaming, with the big pinkie-rest, I got rid of that problem too.

Should be the same size, same mouse just without the cord... 

Too bad you didn't like it, everyones hands are different I guess...

Spent years looking for a mouse to fit my hand, but I actually switched from palm- to claw-grip when I bought the rat, maybye that's why the flateness didn't bother me.

Also got tired of my pinkie dragging along my mousepad when gaming, with the big pinkie-rest, I got rid of that problem too.

Admittedly, the thumb and pinkie rests are nice. You don't see those very often. I think when I said flat I really meant too wide and was just being redundant lol. 

After pulling out the measuring tape and comparing sizes between a compacted mouse and my 3500. The M40 and the Roccat Kone Pure are the finalists in this rather anal search. I think it's just down to aesthetics... Given the relation and the color scheme of my build I've chosen an answer. The M40 takes the cake. (Though I have another month and a half to change my mind and the Roccat with RGB is pretty cool, so who knows.) You all have been a big help so far and I appreciate the time greatly!

Admittedly, the thumb and pinkie rests are nice. You don't see those very often. I think when I said flat I really meant too wide and was just being redundant lol.

After pulling out the measuring tape and comparing sizes between a compacted mouse and my 3500. The M40 and the Roccat Kone Pure are the finalists in this rather anal search. I think it's just down to aesthetics... Given the relation and the color scheme of my build I've chosen an answer. The M40 takes the cake. (Though I have another month and a half to change my mind and the Roccat with RGB is pretty cool, so who knows.) You all have been a big help so far and I appreciate the time greatly!

I would go with the roccat kone pure optical since it has one of the best sensors currently.

I tried the Pure Optical and it was too small for my hands (Bottom of palm to tip 14.5). But it felt very solid and its a very good optical sensor.

Although as said above too small for me so i am using a DA2013

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)