Asus Lyra vs Asus Lyra Trio?

AT0MAC

I have just taken on a task to find the perfect solution for a full WiFi coverage solution for one of my friends.

He have his eyes set on the Asus Lyra systems, but now when I look at them, he could either buy a Lyra Trio (pyramid) 3xMIMO 3-piece system with max combined speeds of 1750 Mbps or... A Lyra 2xMIMO 2-piece system (the round ones) with a combined speed of 2200Mbps...

I wonder what would be best, taken into consideration the goal is coverage, not the speed it self, they both give a good amount of headroom on his 100 Mbps connection speed to the ISP.

Im going to test it out here at home before recommending him something, but I would prefer to trial buy the preferred kit in the first go.

Lyra Trio
Lyra

Price wise they pretty much cost the same around here, I guess its because the Trio looks to be little older

My Gaming PC: 27833

Its really impossible to say without trying as you never know how well WiFi will propagate around a property.

What kind of property do they live in?  What are the floors and walls made of?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7