NEW PC BUILD

HDshiny

so i am currently planning on upgrading my PC and needed some advice on if all the parts are a good choice 

Graphics card: Gtx 1080 Ti Strix edition 11gb 

CPU: Intel I7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus strix Z370-F gaming motherboard 

Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8bg)

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

if it all fits and you have a strong enough psu, its a great choise!

my case is a phantex evolve TG and i have a RM650X PSU

20 minutes ago, HDshiny said:

so i am currently planning on upgrading my PC and needed some advice on if all the parts are a good choice 

Graphics card: Gtx 1080 Ti Strix edition 11gb 

CPU: Intel I7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus strix Z370-F gaming motherboard 

Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8bg)

What ram speed? Previous specs? Plan to overclock?

16 minutes ago, Rallenhayestime said:

What ram speed? Previous specs? Plan to overclock?

Ram speed 3000MHz and planning on overclocking cpu and gpu 

21 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

What do you plan to do with this PC?

gaming mainly

2 minutes ago, HDshiny said:

gaming mainly

You will definitely be more than good with this setup. You will be near the very top level of performance out there for games (minus the crazies with quad SLI 1080 Ti's/Titans and extreme series CPUs, lol)

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

May i ask if you have any particular reason for choosing intel build over Ryzen? Overall your config looks good enough to run most of the present game at Ultra settings. :)

32 minutes ago, Reddit_Master_Race said:

May i ask if you have any particular reason for choosing intel build over Ryzen? Overall your config looks good enough to run most of the present game at Ultra settings. :)

Never thought of using Ryzen always used Intell.

52 minutes ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

You will definitely be more than good with this setup. You will be near the very top level of performance out there for games (minus the crazies with quad SLI 1080 Ti's/Titans and extreme series CPUs, lol)

The ram is only 3000MHz ..should i go for higher or will 3000 be enough ?

5 minutes ago, HDshiny said:

Never thought of using Ryzen always used Intell.

Go for Intel build if you plan on using your PC for solely gaming, buy Ryzen if you plan on gaming + streaming or for workstation purposes.

Just now, Reddit_Master_Race said:

Go for Intel build if you plan on using your PC for solely gaming, buy Ryzen if you plan on gaming + streaming or for workstation purposes.

so how will my set up preform with streaming ?

That's more than fine. LTT did a video basically proving that from the slowest DDR4 RAM to the fastest, there is only like a 1-2 FPS difference across the board. The main benefit is the amount of RAM you have, and no game uses anywhere near 16GB of RAM, yet. I've seen up to about 10-11 GB max used on my system with some heavily modded games.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

2 minutes ago, HDshiny said:

so how will my set up preform with streaming ?

More than fine. Streaming relies more on the multitasking of your CPU then anything, and with your CPU, there shouldn't be any issues.