Hello i just received my new PC today and its running really badly i get like 150 fps when i dont see anyone and as soon as i see someone it goes down to like 90 fps and if i see multiple people it can go down to like 50-60 fps. this leads to frame drops and stuttering and it feels like im dragging my mouse through shit. my old computer ran better than this and it had a 1060 but it did habe an Intel i7. ie read up on it and apperntly it can be to do with a CPU? i cant afdford a new one so can you give m,e suggestion . apparently its called Bottleneck? that what ive found out through research. SPECS ARE BELLOW.

Power supply: corsair CX650 650W.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Turbo 3.7Ghz 16 Thread 

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4  2400Mhz (2x3GB)

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB 

Hard drive: 1TB seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 

Im useless at with computers so if you could write back in the most simple way you can that would be great! AND PLEASE HELP ME ITS BRAND NEW AND I CANT EVEN PLAY GAMES. 

You could try and erase bloatware that came with your computer 

It could be RAM issue. Ryzen needs fast RAM, 2400 is on a low side.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Because i refunded it to the company that i bought it off i wasn't allowed to keep it. 

B350 board disables XFR for one, so turbo clocks are lower.

Memory should be at least 2933 with Ryzen.

R7 1700 should always be overclocked to ~3.8ghz.

Ryzen is slower than i7 in most MMOs because they are generally coded like crap and use maybe two threads, where you have 16 available.

14 minutes ago, NozleNC TTV said:

but i have 2 RAM sticks is that actually the problem? 

Talking technically here, 2 sticks would actually help performance, if they're in position for dual-channel.

Just now, NozleNC TTV said:

so basically i have to upgrade everything?

You 100% should be doing more testing.  Like have a CPU and GPU usage overlay running while you play games.

and how would identify anything from the tests if i dont know what im looking at/for?

3 minutes ago, NozleNC TTV said:

so basically i have to upgrade everything?

Have you overclocked the 1700 yet?

ive already installed AMD Rysen Master which allows me to over clock i think?

In gaming, you want the GPU at 90%+ usage.  If it continually drops below 80% the CPU is limiting performance.

You have to go into the bios. You do a complete shut down of your computer and then turn it back on. When it is turn back on you should be able to press delete at some point in the boot process to access the bios. 

im not going to lie i dont understand any of that its like a different language for me 

so what am i overclocking and what do i overclock it too? and is it safe? will it damage my computer|?

1 minute ago, NozleNC TTV said:

ive already installed AMD Rysen Master which allows me to over clock i think?

Yeah that is one way of doing it. I haven't used it in a long time so I forgot how to use it. 

so what am i overclocking and what do i overclock it too? and is it safe? will it damage my computer|?

Before you overclock anything, Go get MSI Afterburner.

It has a function where it will overlay GPU usage on your game.  This can be used to see if the CPU is hindering performance.

What cooler do you have for the cpu? A safe overclock is 3.7 as you can get why with pretty low voltage like 1.2 to 1.25 very easily. Even on stock settings the cpu likely gets more voltage than that anyways. As long as you keep it in the safe voltage range you should be fine. The only thing that would happen is a blue screen if the overclock is unstable or the pc will shutdown of the temps get too high. There are alot of safety mechanisms in place to ensure you don't break your computer just for trying to overclock. 

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Before you overclock anything, Go get MSI Afterburner.

It has a function where it will overlay GPU usage on your game.  This can be used to see if the CPU is hindering performance.

They should overclock the thing regardless. The 1700 is a crap cpu if you don't overclock.