Floatplane Subscription

jakep0802
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

There are points for and against. I've been in from start because I want to support LMG. I don't care about better quality of videos, but no ads and being able to download and archive some of my favorite videos is really nice. However the service is still in alpha, has regular downtimes and progress on actual site is super-slow to non-existent.

So if you want to support LMG, like better quality, download option and some other perks, sure. There's some exclusive content, but not that much. That seems to be one thing some of haters point out. But I guess they still don't understand point of whole service.

Also keep in mind that FP is pay-per-creator. Paying for LMG content only gives LMG content. If you want to get Bitwit or TechDeals, you have to pay to them also. This isn't Prime, YT Premium or Vessel where service takes main part of payment and creators get only crumbles.

2 hours ago, jakep0802 said:

I was able to make an account, but when I go to purchase, PayPal says there was a problem. I even try on floatplane.com and it tells me there was an error. :/

For PayPal you need to have credit/debit card attached and online payments enabled for the card. This is PayPal issue and nothing can be done by LMG or FPM. The site has had some issues with payments past couple of days. if you have issues with it, or want to have more info, email to support@floatplane.com. Thats the official support email.

I'm looking at trying out the Floatplane Subscription. Can someone(s) tell me their experience with Floatplane? I know it's 3 USD per month, but I'd also like to hear what the community thinks of it and how well it runs. Thanks in advance!

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

Same, I was looking to start a subscription. I tried making an account on their website but never received any sort of confirmations back that allowed me to at least get an account up and running for floatplane.

1 hour ago, Rewritten said:

Same, I was looking to start a subscription. I tried making an account on their website but never received any sort of confirmations back that allowed me to at least get an account up and running for floatplane.

I was able to make an account, but when I go to purchase, PayPal says there was a problem. I even try on floatplane.com and it tells me there was an error. :/

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

There are points for and against. I've been in from start because I want to support LMG. I don't care about better quality of videos, but no ads and being able to download and archive some of my favorite videos is really nice. However the service is still in alpha, has regular downtimes and progress on actual site is super-slow to non-existent.

So if you want to support LMG, like better quality, download option and some other perks, sure. There's some exclusive content, but not that much. That seems to be one thing some of haters point out. But I guess they still don't understand point of whole service.

Also keep in mind that FP is pay-per-creator. Paying for LMG content only gives LMG content. If you want to get Bitwit or TechDeals, you have to pay to them also. This isn't Prime, YT Premium or Vessel where service takes main part of payment and creators get only crumbles.

2 hours ago, jakep0802 said:

For PayPal you need to have credit/debit card attached and online payments enabled for the card. This is PayPal issue and nothing can be done by LMG or FPM. The site has had some issues with payments past couple of days. if you have issues with it, or want to have more info, email to support@floatplane.com. Thats the official support email.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah, I lost access to LTT on Floatplane today and can't pay to get it back. I get the same error. Buggy.