MSI/Deadpool MATX Build

Built this PC for my kiddo. He saved up for "half" of it (more like a third) with his internship. I wanted to do something special for him, so I kind of supplemented his budget...a lot...and made something cool for him.

The parts list is here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/semitangible/saved/NLm3bv

This will have multiple posts. I want to go through the mods I did, but for those of you looking for the finale, see below.

20180915_181353.jpg

20180923_125559.jpg

20180923_125623.jpg

20180923_120617.jpg

20180923_184906.jpg

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

Very clean, practical and capable. Nice!

Great build ,unfortunately armor cards tend to overheat, so they're usually not recommended. Awesome build otherwise, love the decal on the case! 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

42 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

love the decal on the case! 

That isn't a decal, it was laser etched into the glass. I had it sent out.

42 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

armor cards tend to overheat, so they're usually not recommended.

I saw this, but I'm not that concerned about it. It seems to be sporadically affecting these cards, and first blush, it runs hot but not that hot. I changed the fan profile to be a bit more aggressive all around, for the case and the card, and benchmarking it with Heaven gave me results I could live with. Otherwise I could have sent it back. I also got an extended warranty on it just in case.

If I see that it overheats frequently for the type of gaming my kid does, I might take it apart and give it a better treatment of thermal pads and paste. Or just send it back and get an Asus.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

10 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

That isn't a decal, it was laser etched into the glass. I had it sent out.

oh damn, that's super dope

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

3 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

oh damn, that's super dope

Excuse the mess in my car's back seat, but here's what it looked like after I picked it up from the local shop. Shows the detail very well.

20180919_121837.jpg

56 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

Cool Dad Award

And this is his Cool Kid Award ;-)

Thanks for the compliment, I'm flattered, but he earned this.

I'm not going to get into it that much, but he's my wife's little brother and has autism. We've been raising him the last eight years, seen him at his worst and his best. He's been through a lot of hard and sad situations.

I wanted to show him that his best earns him things, not just from us, but in general. Graduating high school (late, but still sticking with it), working, doing things to take care of himself. You know, all the stuff teens and young adults struggle with.