8th gen motherboard

I'm interested in upgrading to a 8th gen board. I would rather not get a z370. What is the cheapest chip set?

Just now, Dcit-223 said:

I'm interested in upgrading to a 8th gen board. I would rather not get a z370. What is the cheapest chip set?

I assume you mean Coffee Lake/8th Generation Intel processors. In that case, the cheapest chipset, on average, is H310.

Hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, m0n4rchy said:

I assume you mean Coffee Lake/8th Generation Intel processors. In that case, the cheapest chipset, on average, is H310.

Hope this helps!

4 minutes ago, Dcit-223 said:

Yes but the H chipset boards shouldn't be used with any K processors. (you probably know but just telling just in case :) )

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Just now, PokiDaSpitz said:

Yes but the H chipset boards shouldn't be used with any K processors. (you probably know but just telling just in case :) )

Yeah, please don't combine, say, an H310 motherboard and an 8700K. They're compatible, its just a ridiculous combination. At that point, it would be a better idea to get an 8600K and Z370 motherboard, for example.

3 minutes ago, m0n4rchy said:

Yeah, please don't combine, say, an H310 motherboard and an 8700K. They're compatible, its just a ridiculous combination. At that point, it would be a better idea to get an 8600K and Z370 motherboard, for example.

yeah i plan to just get a 8100 i3

1 minute ago, Dcit-223 said:

yeah i plan to just get a 8100 i3

Oh, alright. In that case, yes, just get a H310 motherboard, and enjoy your i3-8100.

Glad that I could help!

1 minute ago, m0n4rchy said:

Oh, alright. In that case, yes, just get a H310 motherboard, and enjoy your i3-8100.

Glad that I could help!

yep, Thank you to everybody that replied

23 minutes ago, Dcit-223 said:

yep, Thank you to everybody that replied

Welcome :D 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M