Upgrading pc

ArashiNoOuji

Pick up a used 1080Ti and save the extra cash :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 hours ago, ArashiNoOuji said:

Hi I was here not too long ago about building my pc,

here's my current spec 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXGDmq

With the new release of rtx 2080, should I go for that or is it not worth it and should i go for 1080 ti instead?

If you're getting a 240mm liquid cooler, you should just get an 1800X, which will perform almost identically. They're not always in stock, but I've seen them on Newegg for $250.

If you only plan to run a single GPU, you don't need a 750W PSU. I would still advise going with a fully-modular, 80+ Silver or better, 500W or more PSU.

The 3200MHz version of that Flare X memory kit is about $13 more.

You can pick up a 24", 1ms response time, 144Hz 1080P monitor for <$200.

Did you choose that motherboard for being the most expensive B450 motherboard? Go with the cheapest B350/B450 motherboard that has all of the features that you need/want.

That case seems overpriced...

It might seem like I hate your list, but I just think that you could save some money in some spots. Overall, it's actually pretty good.

P.S, go with the 1080 Ti, if you're buying soon. They're not quite as efficient as 2080's, but they're still great. But if you're buying in a while, depending on the used and new markets, it might be better to go with a 2080. Even then, though, 1080 Ti's will probably be cheaper.

2 hours ago, m0n4rchy said:

If you're getting a 240mm liquid cooler, you should just get an 1800X, which will perform almost identically. They're not always in stock, but I've seen them on Newegg for $250.

If you only plan to run a single GPU, you don't need a 750W PSU. I would still advise going with a fully-modular, 80+ Silver or better, 500W or more PSU.

The 3200MHz version of that Flare X memory kit is about $13 more.

You can pick up a 24", 1ms response time, 144Hz 1080P monitor for <$200.

Did you choose that motherboard for being the most expensive B450 motherboard? Go with the cheapest B350/B450 motherboard that has all of the features that you need/want.

That case seems overpriced...

It might seem like I hate your list, but I just think that you could save some money in some spots. Overall, it's actually pretty good.

P.S, go with the 1080 Ti, if you're buying soon. They're not quite as efficient as 2080's, but they're still great. But if you're buying in a while, depending on the used and new markets, it might be better to go with a 2080. Even then, though, 1080 Ti's will probably be cheaper.

I bought most of this stuff a while ago,

I haven't bought the cooler yet I'm still using the one that the stock 2700x give you, 

As for the psu, yea I might go a bit more than what I needed

I did go for the 3200mhz flare x, I thought I updated the list but apparently not

For the monitor I did get a 144hz 24"

Asus VG248QE

As for the motherboard, at the time I bought It, it was the most reasonable one to get though I'm not really experienced on buying pc part yet

Yea I do agree with you with the case,

Most of the stuff I'm trying to get is really hard to get here, I only bought the motherboard and cpu in the US and the rest in bali so Yea, my uncle is visiting me here in a couple month and I told him to bring me the GPU since its cheaper there compare to here, for the 1080 ti is there a specific one you would recommend

Thank you for the feedback

1 minute ago, ArashiNoOuji said:

I bought most of this stuff a while ago,

I haven't bought the cooler yet I'm still using the one that the stock 2700x give you, 

As for the psu, yea I might go a bit more than what I needed

I did go for the 3200mhz flare x, I thought I updated the list but apparently not

For the monitor I did get a 144hz 24"

Asus VG248QE

As for the motherboard, at the time I bought It, it was the most reasonable one to get though I'm not really experienced on buying pc part yet

Yea I do agree with you with the case,

Most of the stuff I'm trying to get is really hard to get here, I only bought the motherboard and cpu in the US and the rest in bali so Yea, my uncle is visiting me here in a couple month and I told him to bring me the GPU since its cheaper there compare to here, for the 1080 ti is there a specific one you would recommend

Thank you for the feedback

Thank you for responding respectfully. As for what 1080 TI I would recommend, I don't have a preference. Just get the cheapest one, unless you want to get into intense overclocking and/or are paranoid about temperatures.

As for the rest, you provided pretty good explanations for why you chose them. And trust me, I've seen worse part lists from experienced builders, haha.

Glad I could provide feedback.

27 minutes ago, m0n4rchy said:

Thank you for responding respectfully. As for what 1080 TI I would recommend, I don't have a preference. Just get the cheapest one, unless you want to get into intense overclocking and/or are paranoid about temperatures.

As for the rest, you provided pretty good explanations for why you chose them. And trust me, I've seen worse part lists from experienced builders, haha.

Glad I could provide feedback.

Alright, thank you for the help and fast respond