How to use keyboard and mouse with monitor

vopos

Hello, the picture shows the connections to my monitor, what cable do I need so that it can be used as a usb hub so that I can connect my keyboard and mouse to it, thanks.

behind monitor.jpg

They are either power only usbs, or there is a usb cable coming from monitor that plugs into the pc for data.

Edit: connect a usb cable to the port next to the usb A ports. On the image 4th port from the left. Some older printers use the same cable.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

They are either power only usbs, or there is a usb cable coming from monitor that plugs into the pc for data.

Could the usb b port be for the hub?

The USB B plug on the left (to the right of VGA) will go to the PC for the data uplink, then you can plug the USB A plugs for keyboard, mouse and such.

1 minute ago, vopos said:

Could the usb b port be for the hub?

Yeah click f5, i edited my post.

Connect a cable to the monitor that goes from usb B to a usb A on the pc.

I forgot the name for usb b.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

the port next to the VGA port is USB type B, if you have some old computer cables laying around, chances are at least one of them is usb A - usb B, and if you dont have one, every store that sells computer hardware has at least one offering for them, the place i buy my cables from has about 10 or so, not counting different lengths.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

the port next to the VGA port is USB type B, if you have some old computer cables laying around, chances are at least one of them is usb A - usb B, and if you dont have one, every store that sells computer hardware has at least one offering for them, the place i buy my cables from has about 10 or so, not counting different lengths.

Yeah I had one at home for the printer, but I'm at uni now, I'll just have to get one from amazon

11 minutes ago, vopos said:

Yeah I had one at home for the printer, but I'm at uni now, I'll just have to get one from amazon

can always ask the uni IT team if they have one spare, chances are they have so many they'll just give you one :P