GPU Troubleshooting

iEimis

Hi, I've recently built a new PC (Around 2 months ago).

I've got Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8GB GPU. Ever once in a while (sometimes quite a few times daily when I am gaming) I will have my screen just freeze completely and it will display funny colours on the monitor. Only the restart will resolve this. I am thinking do I have a faulty graphics card, or could it be the monitor or something else as well? What is the best way to tell? The monitor is a brand new Samsung CFG73 24 inch 144Hz.

Screenshot of the problem is attached to this post.

Any ideas?

a0ab9b8d-b4a8-4422-8b16-c69ba0e8bc5d.jpg

thats most likely vram overclock related, lower your overclock and if this was with stock speeds (no turbo no thing) then you are easier off RMA'ing the card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

39 minutes ago, Levent said:

thats most likely vram overclock related, lower your overclock and if this was with stock speeds (no turbo no thing) then you are easier off RMA'ing the card.

VRAM is running at stock speed. I have Gaming mode set on aorus software which means processing speed is at 1365 and memory is at 2000. You can set OC mode which is 1380 and 2000 respectively. However, even at 1365 the card goes kind of mental sometimes playing the likes of fortnite. Fan goes to extreme rpms. At silent mode it's much more bearable but gets quite hot (Around 80 Degrees). Still crashes though. I think it may be somewhat faulty or just can't even handle the stock speeds of 1340 and 2000. Might have to send it back. Always usually go with Nvidia but this card was at a very good deal and the monitor has freesync as well which made it a sweet deal. Might have to look into 1060s or wait for 2060.

So, it's gotten much worse to the extent where it will freeze continuously - every 10 minutes. After some time the PC won't even post with the VGA LED Solid Red on the motherboard. Is this a time to RMA? I am just thinking maybe it's driver related as It never was that worse with an occasional crash here and there and after the last driver update (about 4 days ago) it happens continuously. I will try and reinstall the minimal recommended driver version. Does anyone have any other suggestions?