aio recommendations ryzen 5 1600?

I'm at 1.3volts at 3.9Ghz and want to keep the temps down below 80. Any recommendations for first time aio user? also any tips for aio newbie like changing fluid and such. case is s340 elite. 

which case are u using (or wich rad does it support). most aio's don't need a new fluid now and then, that's only in custom loops.

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

15 hours ago, ricksteendam1 said:

which case are u using (or wich rad does it support). most aio's don't need a new fluid now and then, that's only in custom loops.

s340 elite.

so probs a smaller one :P

damn i might have to switch to a larger case for a bigger rad. :(

I would assume more fluid would keep the system cooler longer.

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

oke and where are you from?

united states. I do have a fractal design define  s as well. might be a better idea to change cases.

Just now, spiralfuzion said:

damn i might have to switch to a larger case for a bigger rad. :(

I would assume more fluid would keep the system cooler longer.

more fluid is not always better, because then you would need a better pump to make the fluid travel as quickly as possible and that's better in the long term.

7 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

I'm at 1.3volts at 3.9Ghz and want to keep the temps down below 80. Any recommendations for first time aio user? also any tips for aio newbie like changing fluid and such. case is s340 elite. 

get kraken x62 or maybe the corsair h110 v2.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

fractal design celsius s24 would be good enough I believe if you want to get the best you could use the other case with the s36.

3 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

4 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

more fluid is not always better, because then you would need a better pump to make the fluid travel as quickly as possible and that's better in the long term.

does the s340 elite have space for a larger rad? 

no, a 240mm rad is the max for the s340 the fractal case u mentioned has 360mm support.

15 hours ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

kraken x62 is too expensive in my opinion if you look to the European market a mercury 240 RGB from Antec would be €100 - €110 a Kraken x62 will cost €140 - €180 euro and there are in essentially the same cooler. the corsair h110 v2 I have heard lots of negative storeys about the ones I have heard were that the including brackets would bend to easily or would break off while screwing the cooler into place, or that the pump would die a month after the warranty has expired.

15 hours ago, ricksteendam1 said:

no, a 240mm rad is the max for the s340 the fractal case u mentioned has 360mm support.

280mm... lol 

15 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

does the s340 elite have space for a larger rad? 

max is only 280 unless you get the h700

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

A top of the line air cooler , like a NH-D15 would be plenty. AIO's dont give that much mroe headroom, cost more, usualy noisier, and add points of failure. So unless ur using a small form factor case that cant fit a large heatsink, (the s340 is fine), then there really isnt much reason to get a AIO over a top end air cooler. I supose one could argue asthetics, but when your on a budget asthetics should come secondary to performance, besides some Air cooler looks nice, and any1 who knows anything about PC's can recognise and appreicate even a cooler like the NH-D15.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 22-9-2018 at 2:01 PM, PokiDaSpitz said:

max is only 280 unless you get the h700

yea I see you have experience with AIO's, a 280 probably won't fit as 280 AIO's have a 2 or 3 cm reservoir on top of the rad. so they most likely will interfere with the buttons on top or simply won't fit.

On 22-9-2018 at 4:23 PM, SolarNova said:

A top of the line air cooler , like a NH-D15 would be plenty. AIO's dont give that much mroe headroom, cost more, usualy noisier, and add points of failure. So unless ur using a small form factor case that cant fit a large heatsink, (the s340 is fine), then there really isnt much reason to get a AIO over a top end air cooler. I supose one could argue asthetics, but when your on a budget asthetics should come secondary to performance, besides some Air cooler looks nice, and any1 who knows anything about PC's can recognise and appreicate even a cooler like the NH-D15.

1. not were the op asked for.
  2. you said that an air cooler like the NH-D15 would be all that better, and yea it could dissipate around the same heat as a 240mm AIO, but then you must hold in consideration the ram hight the case thickness and were the first pci slot is. and I don't know what it will do but it just doesn't feel good to hanging 1,32kg on a MOBO. also, you said "someone who knows anything about PC's can recognise and appreciate even a cooler like the NH-D15" so here is my question for you do you think those same guys can't appreciate an AIO? 

First things first, getting a liquid cooler with any of those 2 cases will be an absolute waste, the radiator needs plenty of fresh air intake to work properly, otherwise it'll just perform similar or even worse than an air cooler, a case with proper airflow would be ideal, a Meshify C or H500PM are new but still can't beat some of the old dogs in cooling

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

AIO's dont give that much mroe headroom

help keep core temps under control better than air coolers, circulating liquid prevents heat from staying too long near the CPU

cost more

not really, a D15 is $95 and a H100i $100

usualy noisier

mainstream users and most gamers don't even know how to configure the fans properly, but boy they do know how to complain a lot about that wrongly called issue in particular...

points of failure

*cough* NZXT dead pumps *cough* AIOs are safe if you don't twist the tubes or do weird stuff with them

the D15 is great, definitely high end, but what's the point of having it or an AIO if your intake sucks, even the stock ryzen heatsink is pretty decent for a 1600 if your case helps, it's not about bashing a cooler and glorifying other

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 hours ago, ricksteendam1 said:

yea I see you have experience with AIO's, a 280 won't fit as 280 AIO's have a 2 or 3 cm reservoir on top of the rad. so they most likely will interfere with the buttons on top or simply won't fit.

bro i have a s340 elite and a kraken x62... 

look at this before commenting that it doesn't fit.