PC Crashes

Nonus

I don't know what happened to my pc but i haven't even booted it for maybe 2-3 days and today and yesterday I suddenly get crashing with the Kernel-Power 41 code in the event viewer. The problem is not triggered when idle or randomly but certain tasks seem to trigger it but i can't find a pattern like first time it happened is while starting to watch a video on youtube video starts plays for couple of seconds and then freezes, audio bugs out and the pc reboots but i had already watched like 5-6 videos before, also gaming didn't make it crash only youtube caused the issue, then i unplugged my steering wheel from the pc which has been plugged in for a long time and it didn't crash i tried to plug it in a different port and it worked without a problem both the wheel and the pc. But today i get the same problem but now on gaming instead of youtube videos. So anybody have any ideas on what is causing the problem or is there any fix out there. Thanks in advance

whats your specs? And power supply wattage? you could be underpowering the PC

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

whats your specs? And power supply wattage? you could be underpowering the PC

i5-4460
GTX 1060 6gb
Antec Neo Eco 520W
I dont think that could be the issue since ive had the same pc parts for a year now but anyway i could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Nonus said:

i5-4460
GTX 1060 6gb
Antec Neo Eco 520W
I dont think that could be the issue since ive had the same pc parts for a year now but anyway i could be wrong

Well it's definitely not being under powered, goodluck. =/

Just now, Nonus said:

i5-4460
GTX 1060 6gb
Antec Neo Eco 520W

acording to the geforce site, the 1060 wants 120W at idle, and 400W at 100% max speed everything.. Then the i5-4460 wants about 68.25W... if your doing max load on games (which probably happens often with the CPU at least) your probably trying to draw about 500W.. then you add your drives everything else, your using like 550W.. so on a 520W PSU, its okaaaayy but it would be better to have a higher end one.. but that shouldnt be causing you to crash like that, and you have been using it for over a year.. 

The kernel-power ID is a power problem, and not with windows.. to make it simple, it means the computers Watts it was drawing dropped hugely even for 2 secconds, causing it to restart or crash

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

this could mean the power supply is starting to fail, as it shouldnt be randomly dropping in power.. make sure all your cables are in correctly and nothing could be wrong, also clean out dust out of your PSU, if that doesnt do anything, then swap out your PSU and try using a different one

Oh also, if you have any Overclocking turn that off, that could be a huge issue.. as your maxing out the PSU with stock speeds

Ill see but anyway thanks to everyone for the replies

1 minute ago, Nonus said:

Ill see but anyway thanks to everyone for the replies

No problem

On 9/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

No problem

Ok so an update, the issue was gone for the past week but yesterday my pc crashed twice with the same problem and then on the 3rd time it didnt boot but a beep code of 25 beeps started when i try to boot black screen on monitor and when the beeps finish pc stops and tries to start again. I seem to have fixed the problem by turning the PSU off and pressing the power button 50+ times and removing one of the ram sticks i tried to find out what beep code was that but with my ami bios i didnt manage to find the reason for the problem. Im going to leave it without one ram stick for a couple of days and see if the pc crashes or not also i doubt but it could also be the cmos battery since the pc is almost 4 years old.

Would hold from writing a new post unless the issue still persists

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 6:15 AM, Nonus said:

Ok so an update, the issue was gone for the past week but yesterday my pc crashed twice with the same problem and then on the 3rd time it didnt boot but a beep code of 25 beeps started when i try to boot black screen on monitor and when the beeps finish pc stops and tries to start again. I seem to have fixed the problem by turning the PSU off and pressing the power button 50+ times and removing one of the ram sticks i tried to find out what beep code was that but with my ami bios i didnt manage to find the reason for the problem. Im going to leave it without one ram stick for a couple of days and see if the pc crashes or not also i doubt but it could also be the cmos battery since the pc is almost 4 years old.

Would hold from writing a new post unless the issue still persists

sorry for the late reply, i only check the forum when i need to post a question... so i actualy just had a similar problem with a computer i had to fix up to use for something, and it was the power supply dieing.. i replaced the power supply with a brand new one, and it worked perfectly. replace your power supply and you should be fine :)