Engineering Sample resale?

Hi,

I have an Intel ES i7-8700, Q-Spec QN8H, it is basically an i5-8400 with HT and 3MB extra cache, costed less than an 8400. It ran extremely well and had nothing weird ever happened to it. Only downside is that the memory multiplier is locked to 26.66 (I used a memory kit capable of 4266MHz CL17)  :(

I picked it up from a computer/electronics market in Beijing, China a while ago and I have no idea where the seller got these and they obviously won't tell us where he got them. 

Now, I have no use for this chip anymore since I got an 8700K, so I am thinking of selling it locally. I have quite a few more interesting engineering samples that I bought from China that I want to sell too. 

Is it legal for me to sell this on Canadian Craigslist or Facebook? I've googled this but haven't really seen any talk about this...

Thanks,

Tim 

Not sure you will find a firm answer on this.  i'm definitely no expert on the subject but I'd think it would only be illegal if you had got it directly from Intel, signed something and were breaking the terms of the contract.  However, perhaps its property of Intel if it was never meant to be sold so perhaps it is illegal to sell them?    

If you are just some random Joe with a random CPU or two I doubt it would be a issue.  If you were selling a lot of these I would seek actual legal advice.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650