Monitor types?

ParrrotPee

What is the and freesync and whatever and with one is the best for gaming 

AMD FreeSync is AMD's display technology that works only with AMD graphics cards such as the RX 580.

What AMD FreeSync does is simple; FreeSync eliminates screen-tearing and syncs up the excess frames that the graphics card might have if FreeSync was not present.

Short note on screen tearing, this is when the monitor is receiving more frames that it can handle, such as 120FPS getting displayed to 60Hz, this essentially tears the screen in half due to the overload of frames that are trying to update the screen whilst also trying to display it.

The best one is obviously whichever monitor you have, FreeSync if you have an AMD card, G-Sync if you have an Nvidia card.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

-Moved to Displays-

20 minutes ago, seoz said:

The best one is obviously whichever monitor you have, FreeSync if you have an AMD card, G-Sync if you have an Nvidia card.

I would also add that FreeSync and G-Sync are usually only worth it if you're running a refresh rate above roughly 100Hz.

If a GPU can consistently push say 144Hz, then Vsync is usually all that's needed, at the very least. I personally have a FreeSync monitor paired with an Nvidia graphics card and I have no problems.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, seoz said:

AMD FreeSync is AMD's display technology that works only with AMD graphics cards such as the RX 580.

What AMD FreeSync does is simple; FreeSync eliminates screen-tearing and syncs up the excess frames that the graphics card might have if FreeSync was not present.

Short note on screen tearing, this is when the monitor is receiving more frames that it can handle, such as 120FPS getting displayed to 60Hz, this essentially tears the screen in half due to the overload of frames that are trying to update the screen whilst also trying to display it.

Will there be a big or small difference if I buy and freesync monitor

with Nvidia gpu

10 hours ago, ParrrotPee said:

Will there be a big or small difference if I buy and freesync monitor

with Nvidia gpu

If you buy a FreeSync monitor and have an Nvidia GPU, the FreeSync just won't be enabled and it'll be as if FreeSync doesn't exist.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches