300$ Upgrade Help

tony249245

It'll cost too much to upgrade cpu/mobo/ram right now

you can probably get $50-75 for your current gpu. You could probably upgrade to a 1070 

or go with a 1060 and double your memory. That might help more when it comes to editing

300 is tight, maybe you can find a used Ryzen 1600 or 1700, will make a world of difference to CPU bound editing, my 1700 completed a CPU based render animation is HALF the time the 6300 at work was estimating it would take, but you need CPU, RAM and MOBO which you can't get NEW in that price point. an SSD boot drive would help a good bit with boot times at a bare minimum and be well within your budget, but won't make any difference in FPS in games.

Get a Ryzen 5 1600 if you can find it for ~$150 and pair it with a B350 board.  Don't forget 16gb of DDR4.

Even without a new GPU the PC will do everything faster.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

Get a Ryzen 5 1600 if you can find it for ~$150 and pair it with a B350 board.  Don't forget 16gb of DDR4.

Even without a new GPU the PC will do everything faster.

except the CPU and RAM is already got you at 300 and leaves no money for the MOBO.

2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

It'll cost too much to upgrade cpu/mobo/ram right now

you can probably get $50-75 for your current gpu. You could probably upgrade to a 1070 

Do not do this.  The FX will make any new GPU seem like a bad purchase, it will bottleneck a GTX 1050 Ti or RX 560.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Do not do this.  The FX will make any new GPU seem like a bad purchase, it will bottleneck a GTX 1050 Ti or RX 560.

yeah not the best, i'm just thinking it'll be hard to switch to ryzen with only $300. ram is pricey

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fsdXCy

Find the extra $50 somewhere, its worth it.

+1, good

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Also, you can use your current HSF if it uses the standard clips.

If not, the CPU comes with an OK HSF anyway.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fsdXCy

Find the extra $50 somewhere, its worth it.

really, trying to save 20 bucks by going with cheap crap 2400 Mhz ram, some things shouldn't be cheaped out on, you are looking $155 sales price for higher speed same latency ram even then 50 bucks (or should be 70) is still 16% over budget. he'd be better off dropping to 8GB until ram prices come down.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

really, trying to save 20 bucks by going with cheap crap 2400 Mhz ram, some things shouldn't be cheaped out on, you are looking $155 sales price for higher speed same latency ram even then 50 bucks (or should be 70) is still 16% over budget.

I have had zero issues getting even 2133 to run at 2933 on Ryzen.

Also, nearly all of the memory modules on the market use nearly identical IC's on the module at this point.  AFAIK there are really only ~3 primary speed bins, 2133-2666, 2933-3200, and 3600+.

13 minutes ago, tony249245 said:
so currently i have this pc https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tony249245/saved/#view=4csRGX as you can see its wack i want to upgrade it just a bit so that i can edit better and game a bit better unfortunetly my budget is 300$ what do yall think i should buy for this pc.

You could just get 1 8GB stick if you really wanted the system now

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FjBNgw
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FjBNgw/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $364.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-20 15:38 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

really, trying to save 20 bucks by going with cheap crap 2400 Mhz ram, some things shouldn't be cheaped out on, you are looking $155 sales price for higher speed same latency ram even then 50 bucks (or should be 70) is still 16% over budget. he'd be better off dropping to 8GB until ram prices come down.

3000mhz RAM is cheap AF

Just now, Streetguru said:

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg)

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, KarathKasun said:

at what timings?, the higher clocked stuff will give tighter timings which is super important for Ryzen, better off dropping to 8GB until ram prices come down and picking up a second 8GB later down the road. this would get him into budget. and he can sell his old stuff and use that money on an SSD.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

at what timings?, the higher clocked stuff will give tighter timings which is super important for Ryzen, better off dropping to 8GB until ram prices come down and picking up a second 8GB later down the road. this would get him into budget. and he can sell his old stuff and use that money on an SSD.

Around 17-17-17-38.  Ryzen does not care about timings anyway (for the most part), it only really benefits from raw speed because it increases the internal interconnects frequency.

Around 17-17-17-38.  Ryzen does not care about timings anyway (for the most part), it only really benefits from raw speed because it increases the internal interconnects frequency.

Frequency and timings are directly related for performance.

Doesn't matter if you have 4000mhz RAM, but your timings are terrible.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Frequency and timings are directly related for performance.

Doesn't matter if you have 4000mhz RAM, but your timings are terrible.

For Ryzen the lions share of performance does NOT come from timings.  It doesnt even come from bandwidth.  It comes from reduced latency of the internal chip data bus, because it is tied directly to memory frequency.

I could blow my timings out to 20+ and still get SIGNIFICANTLY increased performance at 3200.

sell current card for $110 and get this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tyNypg/gigabyte-radeon-rx-570-4gb-gaming-4g-video-card-gv-rx570gaming-4gd

if budget still allows get a ryzen 5 1600 and AsRock AB350 Pro4

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 hours ago, tony249245 said:

What do yall think of this then https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ggbVLJ  in reality i have 400$ but as a small content creator i really need bo4 to make some vids and get more views so i can waste 360$

Just get 3000mhz RAM

Spoiler