Wether research company need help

otterpat1

I don't know the proper way to contact you you even if your able or willing to help but I run a weather research company and we are retooling how our field research vehicles ie trucks. suvs. vessels. airplanes connect to the cloud for data transfer we typically record 500 GB a day and work all year long but not always able to offload data to the cloud I think 20 TB would be ok to store on a vehicle at one time A for backup and for cross-referencing in the field the problem is that we would have to work off a 12 volt system are you able to give so advice ? And I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking everyone else I've talked to seems to not have an answer thank you very much

im not going to answer your question. people in the forum will help, but i would advise asking a professional company who have lots of experience in dealing with using storage in rugged ( i assume) vehicles and conditions which are unpredictable and can suffer from large amounts of vibrations that could result in loss or corruption of data. especially if this is used in a professional capacity and the effects this could have on finance of the business and the data and how you use it.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

This sounds like pretty serious stuff. I wouldn't leave all this important data and money to some people on a forum who might spew complete non sense and instead, as @Acid Panda said, find a company with professionals that know how to do this.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

You will need a local company to assist with this, they will need to inspect the vehicles and equipment being used along with finding out the typical locations where you will be working. You won't get adequate assistance any other way no matter how skilled and knowledgeable the people you talk to are if it's not in person at a minimum once.