Does this video look bad on your monitor?

MyName13

On my PC it looks like the bitrate is incredibly low (at 1080p).Makes no sense to demonstrate ray tracing technology with such bad quality.

It looks like garbage on a 4k monitor when maximized but looks fine on an actual 1080p monitor or "1080p size" on the 4k monitor.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

It looks like garbage on a 4k monitor when maximized but looks fine on an actual 1080p monitor or "1080p size" on the 4k monitor.

Damn, now I'm worried.Why would it look very bad on my monitor.It's like they compressed this too much.

8 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Damn, now I'm worried.Why would it look very bad on my monitor.It's like they compressed this too much.

YouTube videos vary a lot. It can be due to how it was encoded or quality of the video that was uploaded, your location, internet connection, browser, or even if your PC is busy with other tasks while trying to decode the video for display on your monitor.

You could try these things...

• Right click the video and select "stats for nerds". See if you're dropping frames.
  • Also check what the "Viewport" value says. Make sure "quality" is 1080p60 and your viewport value is 1920x1080. Otherwise it means your computer is scaling the video to fit your monitor.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler