New build questions

Question 1.I’m looking to build a new PC in instead of buying a new copy of windows any hard drive or SSD could I use the hard drive from my sisters laptop that already has windows on it? If I wipe the drive of all her stuff ( it’s her old laptop that she used for photo editing and now she’s at college and she has a Mac :S) wouldn’t it in theory just still have windows and work with mine ?

And now for question 2 . I’m using pc part picker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q7x9RJ and it says that my motherboard might need a bios update and more jazz that sort of understand. It also talks about the cool I’m going to use that the mounting bracket for an am4 motherboard might not come with the kit but I checked the reviews on Amazon and it doses so don’t worry about that.( I also have the graphics card on the list it was given to me by my cousin, it was free so can complain! I will upgrade it later but for now I just want to have the pc to build.)

AAAAnd question 3 if there’s anyway I could get a stronger pc for under 800 pls say so. I would like it to be ryzen and have a minimum of 8gb of RAM and preferably a white theme and must be atx form factor.

Thanks and sorry for the misspellings and bad grammar.

Ok, so to answer your questions. Firstly, swap out the B350 board for a B450 board if you don;t  want to worry about upgrading the bios. The EVGA CLC comes with mounting hardware from some sellers, but if you don't get it, cal EVGA and they'll mail it over. Your build is fine.

No, if it is factory installed. Windows 10 is registered to hardware.

If she bought Windows 7,8,10 and installed on the hardware....then yes.

There is a process to follow if she purchased windows alone.

#2 has no question.

ryzen system under $800. maybe a refurbished pc off corporate lease.

i have no idea why you're getting an $80 AIO for a ryzen 3 CPU, use the money for a 1600/2600 and better monitor instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($56.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: Cougar - MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($50.31 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($27.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($94.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - KG221Q 21.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($101.68 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($48.25 @ Amazon) 
Total: $730.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-19 10:12 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1º question : Windows is bound on the motherboard (usually) so better to wipe the drives, u can run windows without activation or purchase a copy for 20$
2º question:  like @RKarim said b450 or u need a 1º gen ryzen to update the mobo,
3º question: I think is wrong Ryzen for low budget and gaming, Ryzen for optimal gaming needs fast ram and dual channel (if not probably u will get fps drops) I would buy a 8100 plus normal ram, (i think is better)  or the best way to squeeze that card is to buy a used 4770k / 4790k (with mobo + ram) and the rest new , with that 2200g u will throw money if you want to upgrade (same as 4770k/4790k) with the used 4770k u will win a lot more performance for that gpu. (if its for gaming the best is that)

edit: I allways start with a 2600 and end with a 8400 (better bang per buck for gaming) ,

i5 8400 with a single stick of 8gb ram is better than buy a 2600 and pick a 3000 ram oc and test ...... lot of trouble and pricier for low budget.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

13 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

i have no idea why you're getting an $80 AIO for a ryzen 3 CPU, use the money for a 1600/2600 and better monitor instead.

Because I’m new to building pc and I don’t have half a crap of what to do.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, LinuxTek said:

No, if it is factory installed. Windows 10 is registered to hardware.

If she bought Windows 7,8,10 and installed on the hardware....then yes.

There is a process to follow if she purchased windows alone.

#2 has no question.

ryzen system under $800. maybe a refurbished pc off corporate lease.

@Herman Mcpootis How’s this list? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/778P7W

Im going to use my sister old hard dive for now instead of buying one. And I can get windows from kenguin for 20 or 30 bucks (bitwit did a video about it and it’s legit). And the rest of the changes are cause of price or looks.

6 minutes ago, Budddy27 said:

@Herman Mcpootis How’s this list? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/778P7W

Im going to use my sister old hard dive for now instead of buying one. And I can get windows from kenguin for 20 or 30 bucks (bitwit did a video about it and it’s legit). And the rest of the changes are cause of price or looks.

there's no need for a 240mm AIO, i'd rather use the $60 and see if you can get a better GPU on ebay than the 260x. otherwise it's fine.

4 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

there's no need for a 240mm AIO, i'd rather use the $60 and see if you can get a better GPU on ebay than the 260x. otherwise it's fine.

Ok. Can you explain to me what the difference is between a 240mm and a 120 AIO is ? I think it’s the radiator but I’m not sure.