Prebuilt graphics card upgrading

Brick1026

Two questions.

1. This is my prebuilt and I would like to upgrade my graphics card. I think it is single slot but I’m not sure. Is there any chance a gtx 1060 could fit in here?

2. I noticed my gpu fans are facing right into my power supply. Will this reduce my power intake and lead to my gpu thermal throttling or over heating? Thanks in advance.

C2EDF0D5-0F07-4593-AAA0-EE1CECFB346C.jpeg

Um, where is ponit 2?

What cpu it rocks? Your fans in 1060 will suck less air, due to fan facing PSU, but it won't affect performance, 1060 isn't powerfull enough to throthle, unles you stop the fans

Sorry to say, system looks acient same, the card, can you give specs?

Quote me so I can reply <3

2 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

Um, where is ponit 2?

What cpu it rocks? Your fans in 1060 will suck less air, due to fan facing PSU, but it won't affect performance, 1060 isn't powerfull enough to throthle, unles you stop the fans

Sorry to say, system looks acient same, the card, can you give specs?

Yea, sure. It has a 180w power supply, a gt 730 4gb and a i5 6400t. It only looks ancient but the specs aren’t actually half bad xD. Guess I see why it does not have a acrylic panel.

Oh, that's a suprise, i haven't seen green mobo since i hade core 2 quad, but i know this is being used in commerclial pcs, that's actually preety good pc. 4 more gigs of ram, gtx 1060 and you then have great gaming system.

The only thing that i'm afraid of is power of PSU, but gtx 1060 need 120W and you have low power cpu so it should be okey

Back to your question, card will work fine, i wouldn't except thermal problems

1 minute ago, Gawron10001 said:

radeon hd 3850? Or something?

No gt 730 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

Yea, sure. It has a 180w power supply, a gt 730 4gb and a i5 6400t. It only looks ancient but the specs aren’t actually half bad xD. Guess I see why it does not have a acrylic panel.

And yes I know I would have to upgrade that’s power supply to run anyth No better than a gt 730.

1 minute ago, Brick1026 said:

And yes I know I would have to upgrade that’s power supply to run anyth No better than a gt 730.

You can be suprised, your psu is just... good enough so replacing psu is good idea

4 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

Oh, that's a suprise, i haven't seen green mobo since i hade core 2 quad, but i know this is being used in commerclial pcs, that's actually preety good pc. 4 more gigs of ram, gtx 1060 and you then have great gaming system.

The only thing that i'm afraid of is power of PSU, but gtx 1060 need 120W and you have low power cpu so it should be okey

6 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

Well, about the green motherboard it does make sense. After all, the case is not clear and the pc is clearly on the budget side so why would HP go the extra step of coloring the MOBO. After all, prebuilt will go every step to drop the cost.

14 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

I recommend you replace the PSU as it would catch fire if you plugged a 1060 into it (an exaggeration, it's more likely to kill your GPU, or not have enough PCIE power for it in the first place), 400-550W is probably optimal.

Be cautious though, since not all OEM motherboards use standard ATX power connectors.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

5 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

I recommend you replace the PSU as it would catch fire if you plugged a 1060 into it (an exaggeration, it's more likely to kill your GPU, or not have enough PCIE power for it in the first place), 400-550W is probably optimal.

Be cautious though, since not all OEM motherboards use standard ATX power connectors.

Yeah, a PSU upgrade would be a must.

1 hour ago, Brick1026 said:

Best case scenario, you could put in a 1050 TI, but I'd advise against that. Like everyone before me has said, pick up a cheap 450W PSU (a passable 450W one from EVGA can be found for as little as $10)

32 minutes ago, m0n4rchy said:

Best case scenario, you could put in a 1050 TI, but I'd advise against that. Like everyone before me has said, pick up a cheap 450W PSU (a passable 450W one from EVGA can be found for as little as $10)

Will I stil have enough power to supply my io and a potential upgrade to a 2500g

12 hours ago, Brick1026 said:

Well, about the green motherboard it does make sense. After all, the case is not clear and the pc is clearly on the budget side so why would HP go the extra step of coloring the MOBO. After all, prebuilt will go every step to drop the cost.

I know it makse sense, but i was just suprised, usualy from prebuilds you get crappy conponents inside :P

17 hours ago, Brick1026 said:

Sounds like a Dell or HP pre-built.

Can you give the exact brand and model of this PC?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

On 9/19/2018 at 12:05 PM, grss1982 said:

Sounds like a Dell or HP pre-built.

Can you give the exact brand and model of this PC?

Here