"cant connect to this network"

haifisch

Hi everyone,

Have you ever encountered this situation below?

You are trying to connect to a wifi network on your windows 10 laptop and you get the error "cant connect to this network"

Meanwhile you can connect to any other networks, and your phone and every other devices are able to connect to the network that your windows 10 laptop cannot.

What is the reason? Why isnt the error message more specific? What were the developers thinking when composing such error message? I am out of my mind

Any help would be much apprechiated

On 15.9.2018 at 11:40 PM, haifisch said:

Hi everyone,

Have you ever encountered this situation below?

You are trying to connect to a wifi network on your windows 10 laptop and you get the error "cant connect to this network"

Meanwhile you can connect to any other networks, and your phone and every other devices are able to connect to the network that your windows 10 laptop cannot.

What is the reason? Why isnt the error message more specific? What were the developers thinking when composing such error message? I am out of my mind

Any help would be much apprechiated

You can try to remove the wifi profile for this network by going to Settings / Network and Internet / WLAN / Manage known networks and remove the profile corresponding to your wifi.

You can also try to reset the entire network adapter by going to Settings / Network and Internet / Status and click on reset network. This will most like remove all save wifi-passwords etc so be warned.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan