Will reinstalling windows 10 on a new hard drive make my windows 10 unactivated?

mr.happy
Go to solution Solved by Shadestones,

No, it won't deactivate. The moment you connect to the internet, your machine will activate itself. No need to worry!

If anything goes wrong, open the Activation troubleshooter by going to: Settings > Updates & Security > Activation. Let it attempt to diagnose the problem, and click "I recently changed hardware on this device."

Best of luck!

I'm planning on buying a nvme SSD and reinstall windows onto it. Will it affect my windows 10 activation? Currently, my windows 10 is linked to my Microsoft account so as long as I sign in to my account I should be good? 

No, it won't deactivate. The moment you connect to the internet, your machine will activate itself. No need to worry!

If anything goes wrong, open the Activation troubleshooter by going to: Settings > Updates & Security > Activation. Let it attempt to diagnose the problem, and click "I recently changed hardware on this device."

Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Shadestones said:

Best of luck!

thanks for the help!