looking for decent video player

Hi guys 

I am looking for any software for windows 10 that work great with a series of training videos, something that can

- play all the video in the folder 

- have some kind of side bar to show list of all video 

- bookmark and "continue where i left off" feature

- would be great if it can show "watched or unwatch" status for each video 

many thanks

minus picking up where it left off it kinda sounds like windows media player

17 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I use pot player, its free!

before it was kmplayer, but too much ads

wow its look neat 

having the side bar and have this "continue where i left off"

thanks

1 minute ago, nothin.here said:

wow its look neat 

having the side bar and have this "continue where i left off"

glad to help, I'd really dont know this function existed 

5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

glad to help, I'd really dont know this function existed 

seem like if you play some video and just close the program without stopping the video, it will continue where you left

but if you stop the video you are playing first then quit the program, it will start all over (but at least it resume playing your current video)

1 hour ago, tatte said:

VLC has always served me well.

And what other players do you used? VLC is good only for those who never used anything else.

41 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

And what other players do you used? VLC is good only for those who never used anything else.

I used various crap back in Windows 98 era, just to get random formats to work. There has been no need after VLC. Please feel free to elaborate how I'd be better off with something that does something I don't need it to do.

Edit/ That Potplayer admittedly looks and sounds nice, I'll give it a spin if the need ever arises.

I don't need to elaborate or whatever you name it. I'm just saying that there is big difference between "use VLC - I tested lot of players and this one is the best" and "use VLC because it's the only player I know".

Back on topic: install Pot, Gom and Splash and choose which one is the best. It's Windows - you can install as many players as you want.

Windows 10 “movies” or whatever seems to work fine with mp4, mkv and whatnot. Otherwise vlc is the way to go. 

Generally I always recommend MPC-HC because it can play everything I've come across.  It took the crown from VLC when it failed one day, and as I'm sure you know most people recommend VLC for the same reason vs other players.  However, your last two requirements pose a bit of a problem.  A playlist would easily satisfy playing everything in the folder, and showing the playlist window would satisfy the second item, but beyond that I'm not sure it has what you need.  I'm not aware of anything that does in fact...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'd just install the K-lite mega codec pack, then use the MPC-HC player that comes with it.  Less graphical frills in the interface but far more compatibility when paired with installing the full codec pack.

@PineyCreek: Why installing lot of mostly useless codecs into your operaing system, if you can just use player that supports most of them? Video converters, video players, music players - they all uses built-in codecs now. External codecs pack is needed for some old video tools without codec support or if you need really strange old codec (and even then is better if you find that one, separate codec).

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

@PineyCreek: Why installing lot of mostly useless codecs into your operaing system, if you can just use player that supports most of them? Video converters, video players, music players - they all uses built-in codecs now. External codecs pack is needed for some old video tools without codec support or if you need really strange old codec (and even then is better if you find that one, separate codec).

Primarily because I want to install something once and not have to update it for a significant period of time.  The player calls the codecs when they're needed, they don't load with the OS and diminish efficiency.  Considering the amount of video watching I do, I'd rather one-and-done it rather than go on a hunt every other day.