Issue with amd 270 drivers

Hey guys, i'm new here, so i will be quick. I upgraded to an amd 270 (specifically amd xfx 270 boost 925m,2gb,gddr5), install the correct drivers (previously uninstalling the old ones with DDU), and then my pc says that i have a generic 200 series drivers installed instead of a 270.

I will drop a GPU-Z pic down here, anyone knows why this is happening? is this an error that will reduce my performance? is it possible to fix it?

If u guys need more information, please leave a reply and i will try to answer as fast as i can :)

Thanks!

http://puu.sh/BtPln/08475e437e.png

http://puu.sh/BtPpC/82d68b541d.jpg

It's being called a 200-series card because it is a 200-series card. Everything is working just fine it seems.

20 minutes ago, Zagna said:

It's being called a 200-series card because it is a 200-series card. Everything is working just fine it seems.

i mean, it seems to be fine and all, but it should say that it is a 270 i guess. If it is using generic drivers, that makes the gpu under perform? if it is not the case then i just leave it at that.

1 minute ago, lombiolove said:

i mean, it seems to be fine and all, but it should say that it is a 270 i guess. If it is using generic drivers, that makes the gpu under perform? if it is not the case then i just leave it at that.

There are no device specific drivers. Every GCN card uses essentially the same one driver, so that driver is used for 200-series, 300-series, 400-series and 500-series.

29 minutes ago, Zagna said:

There are no device specific drivers. Every GCN card uses essentially the same one driver, so that driver is used for 200-series, 300-series, 400-series and 500-series.

sorry im bothering again, but, display names are only for labeling right? i dont see that is a 270 in display but inside drivers are what i installed right? is there any way i can confirm that the drivers i installed are actually 270 drivers? just to clarify my doubts

Just now, lombiolove said:

sorry im bothering again, but, display names are only for labeling right? i dont see that is a 270 in display but inside drivers are what i installed right? is there any way i can confirm that the drivers i installed are actually 270 drivers? just to clarify my doubts

In both screenshots you can see driver version 18.8.2, the latest and greatest available. As I said, there are no "270 drivers".

3 minutes ago, Zagna said:

In both screenshots you can see driver version 18.8.2, the latest and greatest available. As I said, there are no "270 drivers".

thank you bro, have a good day