Realtek audio manager alternative

sl_pro2

So, I just got my mic recording nothing but static noise today. It was fine till yesterday, and I am affirmative that no hardware damage is inflicted. I tried every troubleshoot method out there and none worked. Can I just change my realtek audio manager with something else? Or is there a way to fix this? 

As far as I know you can't because your audio chip on your mainboard is from Realtek. You could buy a sound card and use the recommended software for it.

22 minutes ago, SirMorokei said:

As far as I know you can't because your audio chip on your mainboard is from Realtek. You could buy a sound card and use the recommended software for it.

Had the same issue with my onboard card last tuesday. I have an onboard Realtek ALC892. I ordered a Audigy FX PCIE i payed 42$ with tax for it. No more issues for my sound recordings. I am using a MKE 400 from Sennheiser which is quite high quality. the difference is day and night.

On the other hand is you have a high quality microphone i highly suggest a nice wind screen or whatever they call it these days. It cut ALOT of noise.

You may want to try unplugging some things to see if the static goes away, and if it does, try plugging it elsewhere.

You can also check to make sure the cable from the board to the speaker doesn't run close to any high power cables. 24 volt cables are not much problem but if it follow let's say the power supply one you will have static.