Storage problem

ParrrotPee

What is the difference between SSD hdd shdd or whatever and with on eshould I buy I mostly game and stream I'm form us

An SSD is a solid state drive with no moving parts. Instead of magnetic platters they use flash memory to store data, and are faster, quieter, more reliable, but more expensive than hard drives.

An SSHD is a solid state hybrid drive, which has a hard drive and a small portion of flash memory for frequently accessed files. They usually aren't worth the price.

Hard drives have been around for a long time and are slower and louder, but have a much higher storage:price ratio. For example, a 2TB HDD costs around 60USD, while a 2TB SSD costs closer to 500USD.

For playing games and recording videos, you would want a hard drive since you can get a ton of storage for not a lot of money.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

SSD= solid state drive (fast and good for stuff you are worried about getting corrupted like your OS (ex:windows 10)) 

HDD= Hard drive (slow and mechanical and good for mass storage like games but will eventually fail...... in a decade or so if your lucky) 

SSHD= a hard drive that also has a small SSD built in. it basically puts your most accessed files on the SSD

I always do SSD for OS and HDD for mass storage like games. An SSHD is a good compromise for something like a laptop were connecting multiple drives is not an option.