Fried GPU on laptop revived, what now? Tips

Hey guys I was given this samsung laptop  ,  model  R540. It wasn't working and I came to the conclusion that the "external" ATI GPU  was fried. (nothing  shows up on screen). I couldn't really do anything so I used a heat gun to  try to revive it and apparently it works just fine for now. However, this probably won't last forever so I want to find a more permanent solution. Now I'm pretty sure the i3 it has includes integrated graphics, but there is no option in BIOS to force intel HD instead of ATI.  It's a bit odd since a different laptop I had with a fried external GPU, was able to boot and   work with basic graphics with the standard vga driver. 

Any ideas how I can get it to   work for good? I mean, switch to internal GPU somehow, I know    the ATI one is dead. 

Seems like a pretty old laptop to begin with, I'd say just sell it and put it towards something newer.

3 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

Seems like a pretty old laptop to begin with, I'd say just sell it and put it towards something newer.

well first of all I got it for free not long ago, and it's not really that bad. It won't be for me anyway. For the basic use I  need it for,it runs very smoothly 

1 minute ago, FoxTheLegend said:

well first of all I got it for free not long ago, and it's not really that bad. It won't be for me anyway. For the basic use I  need it for,it runs very smoothly 

Ah. If nothing shows up in the BIOS then i don't know how i could help. Best of luck though.

Reheating the GPU to make it work means it's basically dead. As Louis Rossman put it, if a gust of wind blows down a piece of wood, and you prop up the wood again, guess what happens when another gust of wind comes along.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Reheating the GPU to make it work means it's basically dead. As Louis Rossman put it, if a gust of wind blows down a piece of wood, and you prop up the wood again, guess what happens when another gust of wind comes along.

I am well aware the ATI gpu is dead. That was not the question though 

Just now, FoxTheLegend said:

I am well aware the ATI gpu is dead. That was not the question though 

Actually, I'm sorry. I didnt make it very clear 

Replacement graphics cards for laptops exist, but IDK if it's soldered or not. Getting a replacement may be worth it, depending on the configuration

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Replacement graphics cards for laptops exist, but IDK if it's soldered or not. Getting a replacement may be worth it, depending on the configuration

yeah its soldered,  anyway i edited my question,  sorry for   not  being  very clear. I was wondering how  to switch to intel HD 

Since it's soldered, there's a chance they forewent the iGPU for the i3 because the laptop would technically always have graphics ready to go.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Since it's soldered, there's a chance they forewent the iGPU for the i3 because the laptop would technically always have graphics ready to go.

Huh, sucks if that's true. You probably right since I don't get an option (right click >  open app  with  intel HD) like in  my other laptop..  thanks  anyway