24 to 14 pin adapter for lenovo

Wrent505

Are the 24 pin to 14 pin adapters safe to use? and if you do upgrade to a larger power supply do actually gain from the power a lot as they use one 4 pin on the bord and the 14 pin. I'm just concerned because i upgraded my video card and my HD to SSD and i have a ssid on it as well. my power supply is rated 150 watt reg and 380 max. i have an i7 3770, GTX 1050TI, 16 gig ram, 500 gig SSID, 120 gig SSD so i feel ill run into issues sooner than later.

Pretty nice processor, graphics card, memory, SSD etc. And crappy Lenovo motherboard. Instead of buying adapter, change mainboard to something better. Even cheapest Asrock or MSI mainboards are better than Lenovo crap. And now they're cheap in aftermarket.

I've been using one i created myself from YouTube guide for almost a year now, no problem using i5 + gtx1050ti and 3 ssd. I upgraded to seasonic tfx psu rated at 300watt.

I don't use the motherboard mounted sata power cable.

Tibon i saw a guide i just didn't want to hack up a brand new 800 watt PSU wiring.

13 hours ago, Wrent505 said:

Tibon i saw a guide i just didn't want to hack up a brand new 800 watt PSU wiring.

No, i use a 24pin extender i bought at my local pc store.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:34 AM, Wrent505 said:

Why are you using an 800W PSU for that build?