Please me!!!!!!!!

ImInHugeTrouble

I just bought my GTX 1080TI that upgrade from my GTX 750TI on my Asus z10ped8ws motherboard. I installed it on the the third PCIE slot because the first and second one doesn't fit. It goes black screen after windows 10 logo shows up.

So I boot in safe mode using microsoft basic display adapter. Delete Nvidia graphic driver and download new one to the latest version. I went to device manager and update 1080TI driver through automatic update. So everything seems to be ok and windows 10 recognizes my new 1080ti driver.

Once I restart and boot into normal mode. It still shows black screen.

What should I do now????

Did you plug in the pcie power cables to the GPU?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

well install the card into the gpu slot on the board first

then i'm guessing it's probably an hdmi monitor which the 10 series likes to just "not recognize" sometimes. usually a restart fixes it provided the only monitor connected is the hdmi monitor. 

remove the driver with driver cleaner , then reinstall it and see if that has any effect

6 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Did you plug in the pcie power cables to the GPU?

Yes I think so

20180906_121014.jpg

20180906_121009.jpg

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

well install the card into the gpu slot on the board first

then i'm guessing it's probably an hdmi monitor which the 10 series likes to just "not recognize" sometimes. usually a restart fixes it provided the only monitor connected is the hdmi monitor. 

remove the driver with driver cleaner , then reinstall it and see if that has any effect

I can confirm. I loaded up my  PNY 1080ti first time and wondered why my hdmi monitor does not show but my display port one does. After driver installation everything worked fine, like freaking weird...almost thought my hdmi port was faulty for a second 

@ImInHugeTrouble But in this case I think you need to run some DDU first and then reinstall the driver. (google DDU and download it). I know I am paranoid but usually:

• Download the driver ahead of time
  • Run DDU to wipe the registry and prepare for new card installation (which turns off the computer)
  • Unplug the ethernet cord (I don't want windows fucking my shit up with automatic driver install)
  • Start it up and then install driver
  • Plug internet back in

Why? Because I seen windows automatic driver installations fuck one too many things up lol

you may want to try reseating the GPU. Sometimes that does it.

Also is the PCIe slot its 4x by any chance or is it 8x?

i did a search and you might want to try the second to bottom or very bottom PCIe slot for it.

Also thats a sick board

40 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

I just bought my GTX 1080TI that upgrade from my GTX 750TI on my Asus z10ped8ws motherboard. I installed it on the the third PCIE slot because the first and second one doesn't fit. It goes black screen after windows 10 logo shows up.

So I boot in safe mode using microsoft basic display adapter. Delete Nvidia graphic driver and download new one to the latest version. I went to device manager and update 1080TI driver through automatic update. So everything seems to be ok and windows 10 recognizes my new 1080ti driver.

Once I restart and boot into normal mode. It still shows black screen.

What should I do now????

Full specs?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

https://www.asus.com/th/Motherboards/Z10PED8_WS/ 

I put it on the third grey sliot I think it's 16x 

I just looked at the link you gave and yes the 3rd one is actually a 16x.  The post I was looking at was wrong on the PCIe sizes.  After reading some articles it also looks like the card is fine and this is 100% windows fault.

have you tried this yet?   

When reinstalling the nVidia driver did you tick the "Clean Install" checkbox? 

image.png.cba42c58c60fe69386f68574e2a8b35d.png

Edited by Uptivuptiz
Added image

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Full specs?

• InWin 909 USB 3.1 Type C Aluminum/Tempered Glass E-ATX Case for PC - Silver
  • Asus Z10PE-D8 WS
  • 2 X INTEL XEON | E5-2696v3 | SR1XK | 18-CORE 2.3GHz - 45MB Cache - Socket R3 (LGA2011-3) -Processor CPU
  • 2 X Bequiet Dark Rock 3
  • 1 X  Bequiet Silent Wings 3
  • 128GB DDR4 ECC Samsung
  • GTX 1080TI Inno3d Ichill X3
  • M.2 Samsung Evo 1TB+Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
  • Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium 850 SSR-850TD Active PFC 80 Plus Titanium 850W ATX 12V 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan Super Quiet Power Supply
  • 4X Noctua NF-A14 PWM Industrial PPC 140mm Fan
  • 2X Jonsbo FR-401

What the hell??????????? I just reset the PC and apparently I can get in the desktop now.

8 hours ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

What the hell??????????? I just reset the PC and apparently I can get in the desktop now.

The mystery of life right here lol.

Sometimes you can solve computer issues using PFM

PFM - PURE FUCKING MAGIC xD

I have the same problem again, I removed my GPU and re-installed the graphic card with new AIO cooler Kraken X62 with G12 bracklet and MX4 Arctic coolign. Now it gives me the same issue. Is this because I placed it on different PCIE slot?