Disabling windows 10 spyware

LOST TALE

Hi I just reseted windows 10 to make it able to boot with the new motherboard cpu and ram which it wasn't able to.

Anyway I remember a long time ago there was an utility to disable whatever windows background bs that we don't need and that was eft behidn after disabling all the options in the installation, which I didn't get this time or I was afk and it auto proceeded because of it.

Anyway what was that utility and what's the best one now? Certainly I would make some sacrifice to take an open source reputably safe one.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

2 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

Hi I just reseted windows 10 to make it able to boot with the new motherboard cpu and ram which it wasn't able to.

Anyway I remember a long time ago there was an utility to disable whatever windows background bs that we don't need and that was eft behidn after disabling all the options in the installation, which I didn't get this time or I was afk and it auto proceeded because of it.

Anyway what was that utility and what's the best one now? Certainly I would make some sacrifice to take an open source reputably safe one.

The utilities does no magic tricks. It just set options you can set yourself in the Settings panel and some of them disables Windows services. To really "disable" Windows 10 "spyware", don't use Microsoft services. That means, just don't use Cortana, don't use Edge, don't use OneDrive, don't use apps that uses Bing advertisement platform. The same deal as avoiding Google "spyware".. don't use anything that touches Google. The rest in Windows is pretty much just telemetry data. Oh, and Windows Defender panel, which you can disable things there

• 2 weeks later...

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR