Which headset around £50? PC only.

darklighthim

I am looking for a decent headset for pc use. I'll be doing some gaming stuff like Euro truck, some racing titles and the odd game like payday along with general youtube videos and a lot of music. 

So far I've seen the Corsair Hs50, HyperX stinger, razer electra v2 and logitech g231 prodigy within my budget amongst a couple of others I can't remember. 

5.1/7.1 would be nice to have but comfort and good sound is key. I know I won't get mind blowing sound but as long as It's good then I can easily overlook any negatives considering the price. 

Mic quality is less import so I don't care as much about that, but detachable or easily hidden would be a bonus, vs just folding away to the side. 

Thanks. 

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

HyperX stinger is the best

I had a HyperX Cloud Alpha and its really good 

Razer Electra v2 is not for long session gaming because it will sore your ears

You should choose cloud stinger

Thanks guys. What about the astro a10? 

I think it was that headset that I read somewhere about the sound for music being not so good and well I love my music so that'd be not good if true. 

Desktop

Laptop 

7 hours ago, darklighthim said:

Thanks guys. What about the astro a10? 

I think it was that headset that I read somewhere about the sound for music being not so good and well I love my music so that'd be not good if true. 

The cloud stinger still beats Astro A10 because the speaker driver inside cloud stinger is more bigger (50mm) than Astro A10 (40mm)

Bigger drivers delivers punchy bass and crisp sounds

Ok then, one final question what about the regular HYPERX Cloud vs the stinger?

I can see the Cloud for £49.99 and the stinger for £44.99.

From what I can see the Cloud seems to be a good headset, and while looks won't affect much I like it better than stinger, plus it could be a tad more comfortable.

Desktop

Laptop 

5 hours ago, darklighthim said:

From what I can see the Cloud seems to be a good headset, and while looks won't affect much I like it better than stinger, plus it could be a tad more comfortable.

I would go with the Clouds, clearer sound. I found the stingers to have a slightly muddy sound signature, not very good imo

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Looking at the HyperX site it's the Cloud Silver I seen for £49, so that's likely what I'll end up going with. 

IhH9PFl.jpg

I can't really do a proper compare between the headsets I've looked at, but going by any decent reviews I could find the Clouds do seem my best option. They look nice imo, and comfortable too plus the sound quality is mean to be good.

Desktop

Laptop