Newbie setup

Knutis

Hello there,

I have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and felt it was finally to show my w.i.p build and say hello the same time:ph34r:

The plan for the future is to get some full water cooling added, but since I have to pay 25% tax on all merch sent to Norway I have to save up some extra $$$.

The reason I don't have both GPU cables custom is that I bought an 8 + 6 pin set, and I am waiting for a new GPU that will match the build PERFECT!

Setup.thumb.jpg.fb1713861e4ac07e6f753112e2132ebc.jpg

Case.thumb.jpg.a04b184b430e870a84cc2b4864f6ccc6.jpgGreen.thumb.jpeg.979dfc7a3bdc50224d5354a224948603.jpeg

Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cNKFmq 

Any suggestions on how to make it better? I have been thinking about adding some black spraypainted acrylic for the back so I can hide some of the motherboard tray and holes to the backside of the case.

But since I am the worst practically made guy, that needs some testing to pull trough  

Hope you like it because I love it :x

My build "The GreenMist" - Work in progress

Coolio.

One thing's bugging me tho, why'd you route the 24 pin cables through the lower grommets instead of the one above it? Wouldn't it have looked cleaner that way?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

Coolio.

One thing's bugging me tho, why'd you route the 24 pin cables through the lower grommets instead of the one above it? Wouldn't it have looked cleaner that way?

Heeeh, I liked the look better xD Felt like a shame to have so little of such a nicely crafted cable showing :$

all you can do is to avoid "diagonal" connections, and twisted cables.

from your pic, you can rotate AIO for better tube placements

Use the closest case opening for cables, or pull out more cable to make a "L" shape connection.

its hard to describe, hope this helps

I'm going to have to agree with dgsddfgdfhgs, rotate the AIO for better tube placements however if you want it like that to pick up the slack in the tubes than that's fine. I find the placement of the PCI-E power connector on the GPU weird but also kind of cool in a weird way, I've never seen a connector in such a weird place. It's all really clean, including the desk. I really like the look of it overall and can't wait to see further updates.

22 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

all you can do is to avoid "diagonal" connections, and twisted cables.

from your pic, you can rotate AIO for better tube placements

Use the closest case opening for cables, or pull out more cable to make a "L" shape connection.

its hard to describe, hope this helps

This helps a lot! I will try and change things today, also got my new Samsung M.2 970 disk delivered. So that should be fun to install! 

I am a bit uncertain about the AIO rotation, but I will try and rotate it a bit around and see the different placements! 

6 hours ago, LeafRGB said:

I'm going to have to agree with dgsddfgdfhgs, rotate the AIO for better tube placements however if you want it like that to pick up the slack in the tubes than that's fine. I find the placement of the PCI-E power connector on the GPU weird but also kind of cool in a weird way, I've never seen a connector in such a weird place. It's all really clean, including the desk. I really like the look of it overall and can't wait to see further updates.

Thank you! :) The GPU cables are only temporary, as I am waiting for the RTX 2080 FE to be sent to me, so hopefully it will be delivered as close to the 20th as possible :D

Not so sure if I was a bit quick on the trigger, but anything is better than my 970!

As I wrote to dgsddfgdfhgs I will try and change the cables a bit around and test the rotation of the AIO, so hopefully, I will have some updates soon :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update time! I have finally gotten som changes done.

I have changed the position of the 24pin cable, but are struggling with getting the correct bend on it, so some more wiggling is needed.

The Samsung 970 M.2 SSD was installed as well, and boy o boy is it fast :D

BUT the biggest change come with my new gpu, the wonderful Nvidia RTX 2080 FE. It makes my build feel a lot more complete.

Only thing missing is getting the AIO rotated, I would have done it when I installed the gpu, but for some reason my cooling past was MIA after a LAN I was at, so a new one is ordered.

GreenMist.thumb.jpg.b3b114a0a9bb263e35e49f1cef02a0d2.jpgGreenMisteGPU.thumb.jpg.e73299a6700881da55377209eb49d19c.jpg

Misty.thumb.jpg.1b4a6675b106ad4d605db413e354b8c4.jpg

The picture quality is horrible, but hopefully I will get some better taken with my camera.

Next in the planning is a complete water cooling loop. I have started looking at parts, but need to order them in slow and steady.

Will use EKWB for the whole loop.

looks good man, very cool

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda