Monitor mount

BoggerBoss
Go to solution Solved by BoggerBoss,
1 hour ago, Jonas_2909 said:

i ended up finding some up to almost 2 meters long. although expensive but i dont mind too much as it wont be a main focus item for my set up. thanks alot. https://www.ergodirect.com/default.php?cPath=795

im thinking about having a swinging arm, desk mounted monitor mount for my new gaming pc im planning on building. the reason i want to do this is i enjoy gaming laying in bed as well as at the desk which is right next to my bed. i have been trying to find one that can swing over to my bed but all the ones ive found either wont reach my bed or the monitor will sit too close to my face. could anyone refer me to a monitor mount that could possible help with my problem. or otherwise refer me to a video or a site where i can learn how to build my own as i have all the equipment needed to do so. thanks for any help given

How far does it have to be able to be capable of reaching? 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

How far does it have to be able to be capable of reaching? 

i would say about half a meter out from the desk then up to one meter to the bed

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

4 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

yeah. thats too small. i was thinking maybe an extendable arm would be perfect, but i was unable to find anything like that

1 hour ago, Jonas_2909 said:

i ended up finding some up to almost 2 meters long. although expensive but i dont mind too much as it wont be a main focus item for my set up. thanks alot. https://www.ergodirect.com/default.php?cPath=795

2 hours ago, BoggerBoss said:

Cool! Just make sure their height is changeable as well, that is to say if you need it to. I'm just saying: A monitor hovering 80cm-1m above your bed probably isn't ideal...

;) 

My gear:

#PCMasterrace