My review of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Tmh85

So first off the Evo is only around 30 dollars and feels and looks like a much more expensive product. It feels heavy, and the mounting equipment does not feel cheap. It is wonderfully packed and has support for almost any socket.

(The box)

NblP5Fts.jpg

So by first impressions the box feels moderately heavy.

(The Evo with all of its accessories)

7o4rkdRs.jpg

Just by looking at the inside of the box you are hit with all of the brackets, however my one complaint is that the AMD stuff had no package (Not sure if it was just mine but that's a -1)

(Evo next to all brackets and manual)

MgSZpMgs.jpg

Now the Evo is not "Small" it is tall and slim (har har) and the fan adds quite some thickness compared to the rest of the heat sink.

(Mounting brackets for another fan)

nqie3sts.jpg

Now a great thing that they include with such a cheap heat sink is a mounting bracket for other fans for push/pull or just to replace the stock fan, I just think its great that they include this with a $30 dollar heat sink.

Now onto the mounting process

(Old heat sink)

10J5Ph5s.jpg

Now the stock AMD heat sink is a freaking engine especially when playing games but good thing is its easy to take off :D

(Post stock heat sink thermal compound removin and purifyin)

Q5HlGd2s.jpg

DffiAZIs.jpg

UAcPwxOs.jpg

(All Clean...!)

LjyL2u4s.jpg

So the real mounting nuts are a bitch to put in (imo) and the instructions I wish told you which screw to use and maybe a little bit more detail but for 30 bucks you can't go wrong.

HD39XWas.jpg

But once you get the back plate and the nuts on its smooth sailing....

zUCot0Zs.jpg

So after I took about 30 minutes trying to put on the back plate I ended up putting on the thermal paste and peeled off the sticker on the cooper block.

BFLAffLs.jpg

ZtEsQq4s.jpg

Now I forgot to take picture of me putting it on and screwing it on probably because I was so frustrated because the fucking screws wouldn't line up and were difficult to screw in and tough to reach because of the fins. 1234931504682.jpg

But after that it looked pretty

RZxKuwws.jpg

urXPzh8s.jpg

Overall the Hyper 212 Evo is absolutely worth it and at 30 dollars (USD) you can't beat it, its great for moderate overclocks and is really quiet. Once you get passed the little speed bumps that make you want to jump out your window it will be absolutely every penny. Also most of the mistakes I made were probably my fault and will probably depend on your patience :D

EDIT: I have overclocked to 4.0 ghz and have kept my temps on full load under 45 Celsius a huge improvement over the stock AMD heatsink, and it doesn't sound like a car! :D

If photos are too small they are all in an album in Imgur http://tmh85.imgur.com/all/

More reviews to come when my K70 and my 840 evo come in :)

Hope you enjoyed!

-Trey

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

images are not publicly available.... aww hell NO.

do i really have to be an ant to see those images?

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

LOL, agreed, nice review m8 :')

Oops fixed!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

The only thing i really do not like about it is the small cushions that sit on the fan mounts need to be permanently attached to the fan mounts rather then applied yourself.

Nice review !

Good review, i like the users perspective.

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

I can confirm that this cooler is truly awesome for a budget build. I used this in my dad's new computer and i was amazed how well it performed and how quiet it was. The only problem i have with this cooler is the installation process though i was using it on the fm2 platform

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I have been looking into this cooler and do intend to purchase it. I am not sure it will fit in my bitfenix merc beta though, I have checked the dimensions and it looks okay, I hope someone can help me double check

CPU: Phenom 1090T, Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 RAM: Generic 8GB 1600MHz GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 HDDs: 2 Scavenged 160GB drives (I lost my 500GB one and I don't know how) SSD: Samsung 840 evo120GB  OS: Windows 7 Case: Bitfenix merc beta PSU: Corsair CX 600W

I have been looking into this cooler and do intend to purchase it. I am not sure it will fit in my bitfenix merc beta though, I have checked the dimensions and it looks okay, I hope someone can help me double check

If you do end up getting them best of luck installing the sucker, it's a bit of an oddball install. Currently have it in a push pull rear exhaust set up and it run's great floating at 38c-40c

When I was installing mine on an amd socket I found the instructions a but off and actually had to Google how to mount it and still feel I did it wrong

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

Now I forgot to take picture of me putting it on and screwing it on probably because I was so frustrated because the fucking screws wouldn't line up and were difficult to screw in and tough to reach because of the fins. 

Yea i'm not sure wtf is up with the mounting bracket for AM3 but it does not line up properly and on one side u have to tighten the screws in on a slight angle and no this is not just me being stupid i've tried everything. The mounting bracket for intel is fine but they clearly messed up the design for the AM3 bracket.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []