Tempered Glass Case

FallenEngineer

Guys, i recently have tempered glass case.

my exhaust fans blows air to it, and exhause it from the side.

do i need air flow fan or static pressure fan?

and what is safe temp for tempered glass, because i use air cooling so it's quite hot inside

3 minutes ago, FallenEngineer said:

Guys, i recently have tempered glass case.

my exhaust fans blows air to it, and exhause it from the side.

do i need air flow fan or static pressure fan?

and what is safe temp for tempered glass, because i use air cooling so it's quite hot inside

What case is it exactly?

Tempered glass should not melt, shatter or break in any way from heat. You dont need to worry about that

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@FallenEngineer

So from what I understand, you suck air from the rear end of the case, exhausting it from the side panel ? 

If it's that, don't sound really good. Tell me if you meant something else

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

What case is it exactly?

Tempered glass should not melt, shatter or break in any way from heat. You dont need to worry about that

infinity eos

16655158_1dd5b7a6-c7ab-410e-9c2e-b6c954b71c25_700_700.jpg

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Tempered glass should not melt

Maybe hot for him is 1400 °C, I would be worried then

14 hours ago, voiha said:

@FallenEngineer

So from what I understand, you suck air from the rear end of the case, exhausting it from the side panel ? 

If it's that, don't sound really good. Tell me if you meant something else

it is like picture before, but for now i only have the front 3 fans 

Just now, FallenEngineer said:

infinity eos

For a case like that, I would use static pressure fans. They will help overcome the resistance the Tempered glass front panel has. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, FallenEngineer said:

it is like picture below

From what I see, it's a standard PC case flow, which will be sufficient, you don't need to worry. It is becoming hot, maybe because you're still with your stock CPU cooler. It would be good if you provide some PC specs.

14 hours ago, voiha said:

From what I see, it's a standard PC case flow, which will be sufficient, you don't need to worry. It is becoming hot, maybe because you're still with your stock CPU cooler. It will be good if you provide some PC specs.

I Use R7 2700X and GTX 1070, i wonder should i use SP/SF fan for both exhaust (top) and input (front) fans.

For a case like that, I would use static pressure fans. They will help overcome the resistance the Tempered glass front panel has. 

i would think so, but isn't SP for something that has fins like radiator?

1 minute ago, FallenEngineer said:

i would think so, but isn't SP for something that has fins like radiator?

Not always. Static pressure are fan blades that are designed to help move air that otherwise has lots of resistance, whether its a radiator, a hard drive cage or a tempered glass front panel. They all provide more resistance to air flow (imagine putting a piece of paper in front of a fan, most fans will get louder and blow less air out the back). Static pressure fans are designed to help reduce the effect. 

Not always. Static pressure are fan blades that are designed to help move air that otherwise has lots of resistance, whether its a radiator, a hard drive cage or a tempered glass front panel. They all provide more resistance to air flow (imagine putting a piece of paper in front of a fan, most fans will get louder and blow less air out the back). Static pressure fans are designed to help reduce the effect. 

what about if the glass is at the back? at the input side? like my front fans. does it need AF or SP?

1 minute ago, FallenEngineer said:

what about if the glass is at the back? at the input side? like my front fans. does it need AF or SP?

If there was glass at the back, I would recommend static pressure fans as well. Since the rear exhaust fans are usually very open, you could choose to use an air flow fan in this spot. However if you're already buying 5 Static pressure fans for the rest of the case, it might be cheaper to by a sixth (they  sometimes come in packs of 3 anyways) 

If there was glass at the back, I would recommend static pressure fans as well. Since the rear exhaust fans are usually very open, you could choose to use an air flow fan in this spot. However if you're already buying 5 Static pressure fans for the rest of the case, it might be cheaper to by a sixth (they  sometimes come in packs of 3 anyways) 

no i mean, the glass is at the input side of the fans (look at the front fans)

Just now, FallenEngineer said:

no i mean, the glass is at the input side of the fans (look at the front fans)

I would still use SP fans