New laptop

I have HP EliteBook 8440p: 8GB RAM, Intel i7 620M (2,667GHz, up to 3,33GHz), Intel HD graphics, 14" screen, 500GB WD blue SSD, nearly dead battery, CD (etc.) player, wireless, Bluetooth and RJ45. OS Windows 10 Pro.

So, my problem is that as you can see, it isn't worst possible, but I can't spend over 1000€ (yup, euros 'cause I live in Finland) for laptop. But that HP is so old and can't handle any graphics things. So, I would like to buy (nearly) as good laptop as that but with better graphics. So give recommendations of best price-quality laptops (also lower prices and used laptops are okay)

15356412922402620438943876316657.jpg

What is it for? Does it have to be a laptop?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

What is it for? Does it have to be a laptop?

For studying so yes, it must be a laptop

1 minute ago, watteri said:

For studying so yes, it must be a laptop

For 1000€ you won't find a laptop with a fast gpu that doesn't compromise heavily on other things like weight, screen quality and storage speed. The best value I could find was this, you can play around with the configuration if the shipping fees bring you over budget - but it's a little heavy for a student, it uses last generation hardware and the battery life is probably not amazing.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

For 1000€ you won't find a laptop with a fast gpu that doesn't compromise heavily on other things like weight, screen quality and storage speed. The best value I could find was this, you can play around with the configuration if the shipping fees bring you over budget - but it's a little heavy for a student, it uses last generation hardware and the battery life is probably not amazing.

Weight, screen resolution and battery aren't the most important things. Storage can be bought for not-so-high amounts of money.

I checked that link, such a nice laptop. Just sad that I can't make WTB post yet because I don't have over 100 posts. I don't have enough money at the moment to buy new

15 minutes ago, watteri said:

I checked that link, such a nice laptop. Just sad that I can't make WTB post yet because I don't have over 100 posts. I don't have enough money at the moment to buy new

Didn't you say you have 1000€?

If you can't afford it, why don't you buy a cheap desktop for games and keep using your current laptop for school?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What's your usage?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

What's your usage?

I'm studying information and telecommunications technology and I would to be able to use laptop also for studying and some free time things when I'm not home or otherwise able to use my desktop PC. 

On 30/08/2018 at 11:23 PM, watteri said:

Weight, screen resolution and battery aren't the most important things

Could you list out ALL 8300H/8750H laptops that are within your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, ZM Fong said:

ALL 8300H/8750H laptops

What do you mean?

19 hours ago, watteri said:

What do you mean?

List out all laptops with 8300H/8750H CPU that are within your budget

Desktop specs:

Spoiler