HELP ME !!!!

So this started a while back, I'm currently using an Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz along with a Msi GTX Geforce 1070 Gaming X 8G, now the problems starts is that my GPU is doing 95C while gaming and is idling at 75C , I believe my fans don't bother to spin, they don't have any dust on them, I'm not entirely sure what I'm dealing with but I'm pretty sure its bad. Please help me a bit.

Full PC specs 
Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz

Msi Z170a Gaming M7

Corsair Vengence 16GB 16*1

Corsair H110i v2

Msi GTX Geforce 1070 Gaming X 8G

Running 650Watt PSU

GPU.jpg

5 minutes ago, Zinto said:

So this started a while back, I'm currently using an Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz along with a Msi GTX Geforce 1070 Gaming X 8G, now the problems starts is that my GPU is doing 95C while gaming and is idling at 75C , I believe my fans don't bother to spin, they don't have any dust on them, I'm not entirely sure what I'm dealing with but I'm pretty sure its bad. Please help me a bit.

Full PC specs 
Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz

Msi Z170a Gaming M7

Corsair Vengence 16GB 16*1

Corsair H110i v2

Msi GTX Geforce 1070 Gaming X 8G

Running 650Watt PSU

GPU.jpg

First close all GPU control/monitoring apps other than MSI afterburner (as having multiple apps control/monitor GPU voltage etc is dangerous). Then in MSI afterburner try resetting all settings to default.

you can't see and feel are your fans are spinning or the gpu is really that hot ? maybe its monitoring software bug?

Just now, wojtepanik said:

you can't see and feel are your fans are spinning or the gpu is really that hot ? maybe its monitoring software bug?

but dude, with my Hardware, I should be running things properly right? , but nope, the fps drops down randomly and the GPU clock goes down to 800 sometimes even lower

4 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

I simply reinstalled the thing without keeping any of the previous settings

I mean, that it might be the case, that you gpu thinks it hot, but it isn't, so faulty sensor/read out

Try setting msi afterburner fan setting to like 50% fan speed :D If they don't spin, then you might have a problem.

Sometimes the cables from the fans to the GPU PCB can be loose, re-attaching them could be the solution. (2 or 4 pins i think, no soldering required)
If they do spin, but you still get a hot GPU, then you have a heatsink contact problem, need to take heatsink off, replace thermal paste, and re-mount the heat sink correctly :D

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

15 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Try setting msi afterburner fan setting to like 50% fan speed :D If they don't spin, then you might have a problem.

Sometimes the cables from the fans to the GPU PCB can be loose, re-attaching them could be the solution. (2 or 4 pins i think, no soldering required)
If they do spin, but you still get a hot GPU, then you have a heatsink contact problem, need to take heatsink off, replace thermal paste, and re-mount the heat sink correctly :D

thanks mate ,will try this