Realtek WiFi drivers broken.

Tom. S45

A few weeks ago I used Driver Doc to update my wifi drivers, as always, after doing this my computer litterally refused to notice that my adaptor was plugged in and there were no WiFi options in the settings. 

I figured out that the update must have been the issue so I rolled the drivers back. When I got back to my other house however, it re-installed the new drivers and I couldn't roll it back, so since then every time the issue has occurred I have just reinstalled the drivers with the original disk that came with the adaptor. 

This had been working fine until recently, now the outdated drivers are so bad at connecting to the WiFi that I am having to make this topic from my phone, I can't even load a YouTube video at 144p, someone please help (I don't really want to reinstall Windows again, but I will if I have to). 

Tom S

Specs=

Windows 10

2 hard drives

Brostrend WiFi adaptor

WiFi device=

Realtek 8812AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC

Broken new drivers=

Version 1030.28.1002.2017

Old almost working drivers=

Version 1030.22.405.2017

According to Realtek's website, you should be running this driver 1030.25.0701.2017

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

What I would try is completely removing the drivers, by going into control panel>hardware and sound>Device manager. Then select your network adapter from the list of network adapters. Right-click on it and select uninstall device. Now shut down your computer. Take your PC to somewhere it can be hooked up with Ethernet, and then hook it up. Do not unplug the wireless network adapter at any point in this process. Boot up windows(connected to Ethernet), and wait a couple minutes. Windows should automatically detect your wireless network adapter, and download it's preferred drivers. These will work 9 times out of 10.

If you need more help, let me know. 

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X