SMSNG GLXY tab 2 7.0

Nipplemilk909

hello i have this galaxy tab 2 and it has android version 4.2.2, 

i want to install a lighter os, on it to run faster/ updated 

what android os are out there? would i be able to install windows 10 or is it not compatible?

also could someone guide me to a trusted source on how to root and install this planned os ?

Windows is always more resource heavy than Android, and it won't run on this tablet, no. Too old and underpowered and no drivers.

Look at LineageOS and flashing that on there instead.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

11 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Windows is always more resource heavy than Android, and it won't run on this tablet, no. Too old and underpowered and no drivers.

Look at LineageOS and flashing that on there instead.

Thank you, I feel the default os is clunky and buggy,  it should have something light to run optimized  

The Tab 2 is older than 6 years.... I think it's time you upgrade by now. 

If you don't want to or cant, I recommend flashing a ROM with a newer version of Android but that has a high learning curve. Additionally, I'm not sure how the support is like for a device like the Tab 2 even on places like XDA. Also, you can't run Windows on an Andorid tablet. That's a given.

Ultimately, I just recommend upgrading by this point.

I produce music!

1 hour ago, Windows2000 said:

The Tab 2 is older than 6 years.... I think it's time you upgrade by now. 

If you don't want to or cant, I recommend flashing a ROM with a newer version of Android but that has a high learning curve. Additionally, I'm not sure how the support is like for a device like the Tab 2 even on places like XDA. Also, you can't run Windows on an Andorid tablet. That's a given.

Ultimately, I just recommend upgrading by this point.

id rather put this device to use instead of throwing it away since it sill works, although i am getting another tablet.. im going to use this one for a android head unit for my car.. or maybe just for miscellaneous things. is there a website for trusted roms and distros ? 

5 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

id rather put this device to use instead of throwing it away since it sill works, although i am getting another tablet.. im going to use this one for a android head unit for my car.. or maybe just for miscellaneous things. is there a website for trusted roms and distros ? 

XDA. As mentioned by @Windows2000. If there's no support for it there, there's no real way.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-2/7-inch-development

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro